Reply
Member
lookingforadvice86
Posts: 17
Registered: ‎02-07-2013
0

considering amex blue cash everyday need advice

I am in need of some advice. I am considering applying for an amex blue cash everyday. currently my credit score according to fico with Experian is 725.  i have not checked the other scores but i have read that amex usually just checks experian. i have always paid my credit cards in full and have never made a late fee or paid anything less then the full balance on the statement. right now i have a discover card with 5500 cl and a home depot with a 1000 cl. i have had the Discover for 20 months and the home depot for 7 months. my utility is around 15 percent. Do you think that i would be able to get approved for the amex blue cash? also how much would my credit score drop if i apply and get approved? i really want the blue cash for the cash back on groceries and gas on the months that discover does not give me 5 percent.  thanks for any advice. 

Mega Contributor
LS2982
Posts: 15,436
Registered: ‎04-09-2011
0

Re: considering amex blue cash everyday need advice

[ Edited ]

lookingforadvice86 wrote:

I am in need of some advice. I am considering applying for an amex blue cash everyday. currently my credit score according to fico with Experian is 725.  i have not checked the other scores but i have read that amex usually just checks experian. i have always paid my credit cards in full and have never made a late fee or paid anything less then the full balance on the statement. right now i have a discover card with 5500 cl and a home depot with a 1000 cl. i have had the Discover for 20 months and the home depot for 7 months. my utility is around 15 percent. Do you think that i would be able to get approved for the amex blue cash? also how much would my credit score drop if i apply and get approved? i really want the blue cash for the cash back on groceries and gas on the months that discover does not give me 5 percent.  thanks for any advice. 


Welcome to the forums!!

 

Where did you get this EX score??

 

I think you got a good shot at approval.

 




Silver Spade Garden Club Member - Last App 12/16/13 - Looking for a clean slate NO INQ's / Diamond Inspired!
Starting Score:
EX (PLUS) 583 EQ FICO 565 TU FICO 590 3/15/2011 / Goal Scores: 720
Current Score: EX FICO (PSECU) 671 (myFICO) N/A / EQ FICO 679 / TU08 FICO 678 / TU VS 706 3/6/2014
Member
lookingforadvice86
Posts: 17
Registered: ‎02-07-2013
0

Re: considering amex blue cash everyday need advice

hey thanks for the reply, i got it from myfico

Mega Contributor
LS2982
Posts: 15,436
Registered: ‎04-09-2011
0

Re: considering amex blue cash everyday need advice


lookingforadvice86 wrote:

hey thanks for the reply, i got it from myfico


You didn't get an EX FICO from here, they haven't been sold to the general public since 2009. You may have gotten EQ or TU tho.

 

 

 




Silver Spade Garden Club Member - Last App 12/16/13 - Looking for a clean slate NO INQ's / Diamond Inspired!
Starting Score:
EX (PLUS) 583 EQ FICO 565 TU FICO 590 3/15/2011 / Goal Scores: 720
Current Score: EX FICO (PSECU) 671 (myFICO) N/A / EQ FICO 679 / TU08 FICO 678 / TU VS 706 3/6/2014
Member
lookingforadvice86
Posts: 17
Registered: ‎02-07-2013
0

Re: considering amex blue cash everyday need advice

your right sorry about that it is the equifax that i got with the free trial on myfico

Valued Contributor
Epcot
Posts: 2,789
Registered: ‎10-10-2012
0

Re: considering amex blue cash everyday need advice

[ Edited ]

You sure you didn't mean EQ?

 

edit- didn't see your last post. Your file looks pretty decent. How many inquiries do you have?


Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 816 EX 780 TU 823
App free since 4/11/13
Mega Contributor
LS2982
Posts: 15,436
Registered: ‎04-09-2011
0

Re: considering amex blue cash everyday need advice


lookingforadvice86 wrote:

your right sorry about that it is the equifax that i got with the free trial on myfico


With the score being over 700 I think you got a good shot at getting the AMEX. Your EX should be right around there as well. Keep in mind AMEX can pull any report for revolvers and may even pull all 3 if your file is borderline to them.

 




Silver Spade Garden Club Member - Last App 12/16/13 - Looking for a clean slate NO INQ's / Diamond Inspired!
Starting Score:
EX (PLUS) 583 EQ FICO 565 TU FICO 590 3/15/2011 / Goal Scores: 720
Current Score: EX FICO (PSECU) 671 (myFICO) N/A / EQ FICO 679 / TU08 FICO 678 / TU VS 706 3/6/2014
Member
lookingforadvice86
Posts: 17
Registered: ‎02-07-2013
0

Re: considering amex blue cash everyday need advice

cool thanks for the advice. will that drop my credit score much? on my fico report it recommended that i not get new credit soon because of the home depot 7 months ago, but i never use that card and was wanting to get the amex for all the benefits. just didnt want it to destroy my score from applying

Mega Contributor
LS2982
Posts: 15,436
Registered: ‎04-09-2011
0

Re: considering amex blue cash everyday need advice


lookingforadvice86 wrote:

cool thanks for the advice. will that drop my credit score much? on my fico report it recommended that i not get new credit soon because of the home depot 7 months ago, but i never use that card and was wanting to get the amex for all the benefits. just didnt want it to destroy my score from applying


Its not going to "destroy" your score You may lose a few points but if your planning to garden for awhile you'll get those back within 6 months to a year.

 




Silver Spade Garden Club Member - Last App 12/16/13 - Looking for a clean slate NO INQ's / Diamond Inspired!
Starting Score:
EX (PLUS) 583 EQ FICO 565 TU FICO 590 3/15/2011 / Goal Scores: 720
Current Score: EX FICO (PSECU) 671 (myFICO) N/A / EQ FICO 679 / TU08 FICO 678 / TU VS 706 3/6/2014
Valued Contributor
Epcot
Posts: 2,789
Registered: ‎10-10-2012
0

Re: considering amex blue cash everyday need advice

[ Edited ]

The inquiry and new account (lowering your AAoA) will hurt a little but you should see your scores rebound within 6-12 months.

 

edit- LS2982 you are fast, beat me to it. LOL


Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 816 EX 780 TU 823
App free since 4/11/13

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}