cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

considering amex blue cash everyday need advice

Re: considering amex blue cash everyday need advice

sorry for so many questions. how far would it lower it? would i be above 700?

Message 11 of 30
Mega Contributor

Re: considering amex blue cash everyday need advice


lookingforadvice86 wrote:

sorry for so many questions. how far would it lower it? would i be above 700?


Somewhere around there. I wouldn't worry about it that much.

 




EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 12 of 30

Re: considering amex blue cash everyday need advice

awesome i think i will go ahead and apply. they keep sending me pre approvals for the amex blue sky so hopefully they wont mind me going for the blue cash

Message 13 of 30
Valued Contributor

Re: considering amex blue cash everyday need advice

Hope you get it, keep us posted!

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 832 EX 783 TU 816
App free since 9/15/15
Message 14 of 30
Mega Contributor

Re: considering amex blue cash everyday need advice

Fingers crossed !!!!



EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 15 of 30
Valued Contributor

Re: considering amex blue cash everyday need advice

There should be a link for $100 sign up bonus for BCE on creditcard.com.

Your change getting approve for BCE pretty high.

I approved for my BCE when my score around 675.

If you werent apply for anything like car or mortgate then give it a shot.

Maybe add 2 3 trade line if you want to build your credit in a long run.

 


Starting Score: 560
Current Score: 748 Wishlist: CSP, Simply Cash, SPG, BOLD, INK, United MP,
Goal Score: 800


Walmart: 10k |Usaa: 8k|BCE: 13k| Amex: NSPL|Dis: 9.4k|Cap: 5.5k|CAP: 2k|CSP: 13.4k| Pen:4.5k

Message 16 of 30

Re: considering amex blue cash everyday need advice

i have one other question for yal if you dont mind. would it be any more difficult to get the amex blue cash preferred then the amex blue cash? 

Message 17 of 30
Regular Contributor

Re: considering amex blue cash everyday need advice


lookingforadvice86 wrote:

i have one other question for yal if you dont mind. would it be any more difficult to get the amex blue cash preferred then the amex blue cash? 


I'm actually looking at the same cards and have decided on the BCE mainly because of the annual fee. I would assume that the requirements would be the same except that with the BCP, you are paying for the extra benefits. Which justifies the cost for some.

 

Keep us informed.

Message 18 of 30
Valued Contributor

Re: considering amex blue cash everyday need advice


tmbr10 wrote:

lookingforadvice86 wrote:

i have one other question for yal if you dont mind. would it be any more difficult to get the amex blue cash preferred then the amex blue cash? 


I'm actually looking at the same cards and have decided on the BCE mainly because of the annual fee. I would assume that the requirements would be the same except that with the BCP, you are paying for the extra benefits. Which justifies the cost for some.

 

Keep us informed.


I think if the BCE appears worth getting, then for most the BCP is actually the better choice.

 

If you just buy groceries, the break-even point for BCE vs BCP is $2500 per year, about $50 per week.  However, you also get 1% extra on gas (and those select department stores).  So if you spend $100 per month on gas, you save an extra $12 (which is like reducing the annual fee oto $63), so the break-even point is then $42 per week on groceries.

 

And, if you spend less than that on groceries and gas, the BCE isn't going to save you much anyway, and you would be better off saving the app for a card which gives rewards where you do spend your money!

 

Of course, there can be good sign up bonus for the cards, which might make they worthwhile to get for that, even if the gas/grocery spend is small.

Message 19 of 30

Re: considering amex blue cash everyday need advice

thanks for all the help guys. i decided to go for the Blue Cash Preferred and got instant approval. i wont be able to find out my credit limit or anything like that until i receive the card, but im just glad they approved it

Message 20 of 30