Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

contemplating citi DC or C1 QS

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: contemplating citi DC or C1 QS

yeah i was just looking it up. hmm other than how ugly it looks... lol!
Message 11 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have both, I actually recently PC'd to both of them but I would say just wait until July.  You are a month and a half away from basically half of your inquiries falling off so why not wait?  You could also ask C1 if you are eligible to a PC as that is what I got after basically a year with the card and a measly 3k limit and they gave it to me over chat with no hesitation. You could end up with a PC and a CLI off a soft pull depending on how you ask and how generous the CSR is feeling that day.  The DC is pretty nice as long as you PIF and it honestly doesn't take long to get $25 to be able to redeem it when you are at 2%.  I will say the card feels kind of cheap but it looks cool and you can't beat 2% if it is your go-to card as it is for me.

Message 12 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SouthJamaica wrote:

With the Barclays card you get your 2% much faster -- the minute the purchase posts. Don't have to wait for statement to cut, let alone payment be made.

And you can redeem at $10, don't need to wait to $25.

For gas, grocery, and utilities, the Barclay Rewards card is actually much better.

The rewards post immediately? Wow.

Message 13 of 23
jsucool76
Super Contributor

quicksilver rewards post immediately too.

app for citi DC, if you get denied app for QS. XD
Message 14 of 23
Sharingan
Established Contributor

I agree with Nixon - I'd wait too.

Maybe it's just me, but 1.5% cash back seems a bit.. inadequate and comes up short in the current rewards landscape. It's just too close to 1%, which is already offered on many cards out there. For 3 hard inquiries, I'd have to pass on that. Citi DC may have tougher requirements, but it's the only <5% cash back (barring off periods on the rotating category cards) that I will keep in my lineup, and thus recommend in this scenario.

Message 15 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was going to suggest the Discover Miles card. 3% first year and 1.5% thereafter. Discover always has SOME kind of promotion bonus for it's customers too.

Message 16 of 23
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@SouthJamaica wrote:

With the Barclays card you get your 2% much faster -- the minute the purchase posts. Don't have to wait for statement to cut, let alone payment be made.

And you can redeem at $10, don't need to wait to $25.

For gas, grocery, and utilities, the Barclay Rewards card is actually much better.

Well, as you say it is easier to get (and pays rewards much faster) but the fact it is only 2% somewhere is a big disadvantage.    And for gas and groceries, there are many cards offering much more than 2%

Message 17 of 23
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I was going to suggest the Discover Miles card. 3% first year and 1.5% thereafter. Discover always has SOME kind of promotion bonus for it's customers too.

Yes, using mine a lot this year (basically everywhere I don't have a 5% card).

Message 18 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got a prescreened offer for DC (also diamond and thank you) and it's still good, but the other day I got an AMEX everyday that you also have.  I think citi is inquiry/baddie (my latest were in 2013 and before that I had lots) sensitive and their limits? Who knows?   I have chase freedom amazon and CSP which are essentially 2% cards on basic purchases (gas, dining, trave (3% CSP), and pharmacy.  I have a 1.5% nfcu and the AMEX, so I just didn't risk going for that tougher card with a bank I've never dealt with before to get an extra 1/2 % on a few purchases.  It also offers 15 mo 0% interest/BT so that is another reason to apply.  Getting a 15K line and 0% int/BT for 15 months on the AMEX will have to do.  The Citi offer will expire on June 15th.

Message 19 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Instead of applying for DC, how about Thankyou premier?

DC has no sign up bonus or watsoever, which is kinda disappointing. But you can convert your Thankyou premier to DC when the annual fee kick in.

But yes, DC is def harder to get.

Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.