Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

corporate amex card

tag
Watchmann
Valued Contributor

Re: corporate amex card

haulingthescoreup wrote:
DH's corporate Green is OK to use for both work and personal expenses. He gets the statement, and he pays it off, but it doesn't report on his credit, and he doesn't get any rewards. He recently called to clarify things. The AmEx CSR told him that if he wanted to pay the fee, he could get the rewards, and I guess (?) it would report. (We didn't ask about the reporting. Once he heard "fee", he was done, LOL.)

I pay the $75 to get the corporate AMEX points, but it still doesn't show up on the CR.  If you charge more than $600-$700 on the card it is worth it to pay the fee each year.
Message 11 of 15
Watchmann
Valued Contributor

MattH wrote:

My company actually stopped allowing us to pay the rewards fee for our Corporate AMEX cards a couple years back, because the Company gets rebates from AMEX and those are smaller on charges for which the employee has earned rewards!

Do they let you keep frequent flyer points while on business, or do they confiscate those too?  That was an issue a few years ago but my company decided to let employees keep points for their own use.
Message 12 of 15
MattH
Senior Contributor

@Watchmann wrote:

@MattH wrote:

My company actually stopped allowing us to pay the rewards fee for our Corporate AMEX cards a couple years back, because the Company gets rebates from AMEX and those are smaller on charges for which the employee has earned rewards!

Do they let you keep frequent flyer points while on business, or do they confiscate those too? That was an issue a few years ago but my company decided to let employees keep points for their own use.

My company still lets people keep frequent-flier miles, SO LONG AS one uses their preferred airlines and hotels, it is not permissible to change vendors in order to get rewards.
TU 791 02/11/2013, EQ 800 1/29/2011 , EX Plus FAKO 812, EX Vantage Score 955 3/19/2010 wife's EQ 9/23/2009 803
EX always was my highest when we could pull all three
Always remember: big print giveth, small print taketh away
If you dunno what tanstaafl means you must Google it
Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had an AMEX corporate card in the late 90's via the college I worked for. It was underwritten by the university and did not show up on my credit report. However, the statement came directly to me.  And, when I joined Consumer Credit Counseling it was part of my debt to pay off. 

Fast forward to today and my question. My current employer has switched from our GE backed corporate MasterCard to AMEX.  The card was issued in my name, however I understand it is via my company. If I were to leave, is there a way to have the card transferrred to my name and/or the history? Can I use this card to establish an account?

I am trying to find someone to get in with AMEX other than my co-branded card.  Thanks in advance.

Message 14 of 15
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

DH has a corporate green card through his university. Twenty-some-odd years of running a lot of bucks through it, none on his history.

We called and asked if it could report, and they said yes, if he were willing to pay the fee. (Forgot what it was, but I think it was the usual $85 or whatever.) He didn't bother.

I think this varies by the deal struck between the employer and AmEx, but it's certainly worth a call to find out your options, I would think.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.