Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

costco amex DENIED!

tag
mpswirl
Valued Member

Re: costco amex DENIED!

Mainly mad that i had a HP with nothing to show for, when i talked to the 4 csr they all read from the same script word for word. I couldn't even say anything that they would listen to. Its my fault i shouldn't of appt for it in the first place without a super solid score and 0 pulls. I really dont need this card its just a place i shop at a lot and would have been nice to have. Also i couldnt understand half the things these csr were saying because their english was so broken.

ex 669 tu 689 eq 658
these scores are a few months old
goal 700 club
Message 11 of 66
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

@mpswirl wrote:

my fico and free credit report gives me a score every month and i also just checked tu a couple weeks ago......scores are still in the 670-680 area they said i was 643. Its not super important that i get this card i just hate another HP ughhhhh that makes me mad.

There are 49 variants of FICO score out there, each calculates your score differently with different range. The score you bought here does not necessary mean it is the one that AMEX uses. They are all called FICO becuase they were designed by the same company.

Furthermore AMEX uses internal risk score, which is based on FICO score, income, etc.

Message 12 of 66
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

I could certainly understand your frustration in speaking with somebody that can only go from a script.

I had to deal with somebody like this the other day about an amazon return.  I sent back two packages using the same shipping label, thus two packages having the exact tracking number.

The lady kept reading the script that didn't not address my specific issue, and when I would ask clarifying questions, she just reverted back to the script.  Simply put, she didn't understand what I was saying/asking.

But I couldn't be mad at her or amazon, as I'm the one who screwed-up by printing the same lable twice.

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 13 of 66
mpswirl
Valued Member

Very true repo, i just think im mad becuase i didnt get it.....all in all they look at millions of apps not just mine so i can understand their side i just wish i could plead my case, they wouldnt even let me speak all they said is they can send it for another review but it would be another hard pull so i said no. Only loss in this is a HP for me, i will certainly live to see another day.

ex 669 tu 689 eq 658
goal 700 club
Message 14 of 66
calihlove75
Established Contributor

@mpswirl wrote:

today i went to upgrade my costco membership to executive and they told me about the amex card they offered. i knew i had a few inq on my credit and thought i wouldn't get it and i didn't. Called the number 3 different time and 3 different Idians told me word for word the same crap each time. They have my credit score about 20pts lower than it really is, they said i have a collection which i dont, they said my util is high which i think it is at 45% thats my fault i pay it at the wrong times of the month and they repart high. They said my aaoa is low, i guess it is from the new cc's i got 3.5yrs aaoa. I was so mad the i wasted a HP all to get denied. I will never ever app for a amex again, i have great cards already i just thought having 1 card for costco would of been nice thing. Live and learn

Could you have a collection on teletrack? The reason I ask is because I was denied BCE the first time I applied. Amex stated I had a collection on Teletrack. I never even heard of them.  Anyway, I contacted teletrack and ordered the report and discovered a cash advance collection and I had not had a cash advance in a very long time. I disputed, it came off, and then applied again and Amex approved me..

Edit- I think it was called teletrack. It was either teletrack or innovis.

Edit again- it was Teletrack!!!!!!!!Check and make sure you don't have a collection there.

100% Ficos: EX 780 , TU 783, EQ 776 inquiries last 2 years/1 year/6 months: EX-0/0/0, TU-0/0/0, EQ-1/0/0~ last credit card app 6/24/13- New car loan 3/8/2014- Discover IT $12,500~Kohls $1000~Amex BCE $4000~ Walmart Discover $7500~NFCU Signature CashRewards $23,300 Chase Freedom MC $6000~ Chase Amazon Visa $1900~ Cap 1/HSBC MC $3800~ Amazon Store $7000~ Fingerhut $1050
Message 15 of 66
mpswirl
Valued Member

ill look into those.......btw they pulled Experian they said

ex 669 tu 689 eq 658
goal 700 club
Message 16 of 66
calihlove75
Established Contributor

For me, they pulled Experian and teletrack. They told me that the teletrack collection gave me a low internal score causing denial. I took care of that and instant approval.

100% Ficos: EX 780 , TU 783, EQ 776 inquiries last 2 years/1 year/6 months: EX-0/0/0, TU-0/0/0, EQ-1/0/0~ last credit card app 6/24/13- New car loan 3/8/2014- Discover IT $12,500~Kohls $1000~Amex BCE $4000~ Walmart Discover $7500~NFCU Signature CashRewards $23,300 Chase Freedom MC $6000~ Chase Amazon Visa $1900~ Cap 1/HSBC MC $3800~ Amazon Store $7000~ Fingerhut $1050
Message 17 of 66
MrxLeo
Contributor

Can you give us some more details of your credit?  What other cards, what's the limit on those, how long you've had credit, etc?  I think that will help understand AMEX internal scoring system more as I'm sure that FICO's only a small percentage of their decision.  

Starting Score: 609
Current Score: EX: 723 (08/18), TU: 741 (08/15), EQ: 695(08/15)
Goal Score: 785

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 18 of 66
mpswirl
Valued Member

i have usaa amex $6k, usaa mc $4k, csp $5k, southwest rewards $2.5k, B of A rewards $2.5k, also have a target, kohls, home depot and dell $7k..........aaoa is 3.5yrs

ex 669 tu 689 eq 658
goal 700 club
Message 19 of 66
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mpswirl wrote:

i have usaa amex $6k, usaa mc $4k, csp $5k, southwest rewards $2.5k, B of A rewards $2.5k, also have a target, kohls, home depot and dell $7k..........aaoa is 3.5yrs

Same thing happen to me with the amex app.Is the worst lender out there.Dont make the mistake twice applying again.Untill they have a us citizen costumer service to speak to dont apply.Sorry about the turn down on your app

Message 20 of 66
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.