Did you mean: 

costco amex DENIED!

tag
CreditWorld2013
Frequent Contributor

Re: costco amex DENIED!

@android01 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

apparently there is not freedom of speech in these forums. 

This is not a constitutional democracy.  As with other well run privately owned forums, there are rules set by the owners of the site.  This site is wholly owned by FICO and they make the rules concerning what is acceptable "free speech" in their house.  I'm sure you do the same in yours.  

While I think the TOS on the site should be revised for some other reasons...I will play a bit of devils advocate. The internet is still fairly new for any real legal precedent and so far we don't have many cases in the court system that argue if a forum is still public in nature as it can be accessed without registration, fees, etc vs. speech outside your door. In theory one can claim a forum is a private setting while others can claim it is public and thus free speech must be upheld...so long as it doesn' include fighting words or racial vitriol. Some countries such as Germany now claim the internet is essentially (a right) while others believe it is a luxury. 

The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau now has the right to regulate the 3 Credit Reporting Agencies and are now debating if FICO should also be regulated (If they do get regulated things many end up changing) The reason is that if the government is involved it can be assumed that they must uphold the rights of free speech. Consider this: Public University v. Private Universities. Private schools(especially if religious) are able to have more strict guides with teachers, students, etc and it is easier to be expelled. In a public school the students and teachers have much more legal protection when they claim their rights are being infringed upon. This can go back to recent political events that shouldn't be discussed on this forum anyways.

Again, cases can be made on both sides that advocate for each side that one is 100% private and the other is 100% public. The only true way of knowing the outcome would be if this were to ever escalate through the legal system and up to the Supreme Court of the United States. 

In any case, people should just follow the rules without the flaming words which can be viewed as fighting words. Let us save the debate for a court room and credit advice for those that need it on here. 

Message 61 of 66
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

This is my opinion not yours.I will comment here base on my opinion and i would appreciate if you keep the rest to your self.Thank you

I just need clarification.

You're allowed to type your opinion, but he has to keep his to himself?

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 62 of 66
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Repo-ed wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

This is my opinion not yours.I will comment here base on my opinion and i would appreciate if you keep the rest to your self.Thank you

I was referin that he can have an opinion by all means but u already know that he was trying to be of topic here and say that amex will not approve me because of the bk or whatever reson

So the topic was why the PO was denied and that amex has had some non friendly apps that were turned down even if u had some issues 30 yrs ago they will still black list you

I believe everyone deserve a 2nd chance in life.We all make mistakes sometimes and we all suffer for it in one form or other

Message 63 of 66
chnceit
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Repo-ed wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I was referin that he can have an opinion by all means but u already know that he was trying to be of topic here and say that amex will not approve me because of the bk or whatever reson

So the topic was why the PO was denied and that amex has had some non friendly apps that were turned down even if u had some issues 30 yrs ago they will still black list you

I believe everyone deserve a 2nd chance in life.We all make mistakes sometimes and we all suffer for it in one form or other

But it does not make AMEX or another company a bad because they dont want to do business with you because you have a BK!

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 64 of 66
Anonymous
Not applicable

@chnceit wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Repo-ed wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

But it does not make AMEX or another company a bad because they dont want to do business with you because you have a BK!

In my opinion they are a not good lender and thats all i have to say about that.

Message 65 of 66
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

This thread is locked and under moderator review.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 66 of 66
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.