cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

could you chance me?

tag
Erinsl27

could you chance me?

I want to thank this board first because I've been lurking here for a while. I've learned many things and I appreciate all the posters who share their knowledge.

I applied for the PNC travelers visa signature card. But I received a manual review message.

I basically want to know my chances. I think my utl is around 30 to 40%

I believe they pulled exp which is around 680. I had four inqs, two from this year. It could be five total because I applied for a bofa card the day before but was denied based off my utl and history from six years ago. I do not have any recent baddies (last six years).

I have a strong relationship with PNC. I'm a corporate employee and all three of my accounts are with them. I called underwriting and was told because I'm an employee our apps are manually reviewed.

Do you think I have a chance? I just want the card for a BT.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Erinsl27

Re: could you chance me?

Apologize in advance, typed this on my phone.
Message 2 of 7
simi_go
Frequent Contributor

I think that you stand a relatively good chance, becuase of the UTIL I would not expect an overly great, maybe enough for what you need, but probably in line or slightly lower than the limits that you already have.

My wallet: Newest to oldest.

Message 3 of 7
vish1
Valued Contributor

I will think your chances are medium assuming that other accounts you have with them are in good standing and indicate strong relationship/financial strength.

For example, if you have a few k lying in ur checking/savings, it may help. If you have 300$ in your checking, it may hurt.

My thought is you may get approved but for a small CL.

Citi Hilton Reserve 22.3K | Citi Thank You 8.2K | CSP 15.5K | Chase Freedom 10K | Chase BA 15K | Chase United 8.5K | Chase Marriott 5K | Discover IT 9K | Club Carlson 13K | Amex SPG 20K | BofA Cash Rewards 11K | BofA Cash Rewards 50K
Message 4 of 7
Erinsl27

Thanks @simi_go. I have multiple cards with 0 bal, but one of my higher limit cards is suffering and I can't pay this off for at least a couple months.  I really wish I had never applied for the Bofa card Smiley Sad

Message 5 of 7
p-
Valued Contributor

@Erinsl27 wrote:

@Anonymous @simi_go. I have multiple cards with 0 bal, but one of my higher limit cards is suffering and I can't pay this off for at least a couple months.  I really wish I had never applied for the Bofa card Smiley Sad

It's worth waiting for a better util picture before you app next time...

Message 6 of 7
Erinsl27

@vish1 I have a few thousand in my savings and a couple thousand in my checking.  The couple thousand in my checking is for my expenses and whatever I don't use I usually divide up to the cc bill I'm trying to get rid of and putting into my savings.  I really want to take my savings and pay it off but if something were to happen I would be out of luck. 

@-p I completely agree Smiley Sad, but I only want the card so I can do a balance transfer and not be charged interest until I can pay this particular card off. I looked at my bill last month and they charged me $30 in interest.  I did just check my UTL and it is 35% and my AAoA is 3 years and 8mos.

EDIT-Doesn't look good IMO. I called this morning and he told me it hadn't been reviewed yet, and I just called now and I think I got the same person. He said "Oh you called earlier?" and he asked if there was a rush on this lol.  I didnt mean to sound like I'm in dire need of the card, but I told him I wanted to know before the weekend because I had planned to take advantage of the BT offer.  He then told me that he would make sure someone saw this before the end of the day and to call back around 5:40pm.  I feel like he didn't want to immediately tell me I was denied. 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.