Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

couple of questions for wal mart card

tag
Gunnar419
Valued Contributor

Re: couple of questions for wal mart card

@SnowBowl wrote:

Wow! that was easy approval! almost reminds me of old days Smiley Happy   $700 starting line .. it shows 22.9% APR on screen  so I wont be leaving balance on it much but it did say spend $100 to get $20 back.. .. I am guessing thats only good for 1 day... does this card grows? or its like best buy rewardzone mastercard? mine CL has been stuck for years .. so I hope this one is better..  not sure which bureau they pulled yet.. will know tomorrow.

Grows like a freakin' weed, you'll be happy to know.

Of course there are exceptions, but Walmart cards are from GE and GE is one of the most generous in the business in giving CLs. You'll probably see a nice auto-CL after your fourth statement, possibly earlier.

Message 11 of 15
aussiesareforever
Established Contributor

My card was reporting in like 2 days. They report to all three CB.

Congratulations. I went from $600 to $1800 in one month. I had buyers remorse initially after approval because I didn't really need the card but getting the monthly TU score is a plus.

I have the store card so I usually have to go out of my way to use it since I rarely shop at Walmart. My last statement balance was $20. Maybe I'll go buy some laundry soap in March Smiley Happy

BK in January 2008---Barclay's Apple Financing Card ($10,000) --- Capital One Quicksilver ($13,000)--- Platinum Delta Skymiles ($35,000) --- GEMB CareCredit ($10,000) --- AUFCU ($10000)---Discover IT ($33,000)

Experian 835 Transunion 828-- August 2018
Message 12 of 15
jsucool76
Super Contributor

You get 20$ back on a 100$ purchase on the day of approval. If you apply online you need to make the purchase online (temporary card gets auto - added to walmart account) but if you apply in store you can make an in store purchase.
Message 13 of 15
lithium78
Established Contributor

The Walmart card is fantastic when you are rebuilding.  They were one of the first to give me credit when I started my journey and the card was upgraded to the Walmart Discover a year ago.  It's become my largest CL and I am sure to use it at least once each month to show them some love for the faith they put in me during a difficult time.

Starting Score: TU: 566
Current Score: TU: 741 (Discover FICO); EQ: 755 (MyFico) EX: 774 (FAKO)
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 14 of 15
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

Yup you hear ntohing but excellent stories about the wal mart credit card. Congrats and treat it well to receive them amazing cli. ENJOY!

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.