cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

credit card annual fee placed on card then assessed interest??

tag
clocktick
Valued Contributor

Re: credit card annual fee placed on card then assessed interest??

Well it's basically charging interest on a payment due (overdue), whether it's an AF or not.  How late is it?

11/30/08 TU 648 EX 672 EQ 656 SEPT 2014 TU 787 EX 789 EQ ???
Amex BCP $24.1K/Clear $8.5- Sallie Mae $27.5 -Cap One QS $7.5 - Chase Freedom $7.5/United $5k/CSP $20k/Ink- Citi DP $9.5/Dividend $13k/HHHx2 $15k/16.4/Reserve $4.5k Best Buy $1940 HD $1701- Discover IT $15k - Elan $8k GEMB Lowes $20k - Macy's $2k - Kohl's $800

Starting Score: 648
Current Score: 736
Goal Score: 765

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 11 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@afbar1114 wrote:

can i ask how long you have had the card and what does your profile look like 

9 years and what do you mean by profile?  my fico is 705 and the card's limit is 8k and the apr is 26.9

Message 12 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@clocktick wrote:

Well it's basically charging interest on a payment due (overdue), whether it's an AF or not.  How late is it?

it's never been late and the current payment isn't late.

fyi, fbusa charges daily interest that shows up in real time online.  i was charged the AF on 3/14 and the current balance is like $58. 

Message 13 of 30
clocktick
Valued Contributor

Ugh, yeah I would definitely try to contact them and see if they'll waive it for you.  Please keep us updated!

11/30/08 TU 648 EX 672 EQ 656 SEPT 2014 TU 787 EX 789 EQ ???
Amex BCP $24.1K/Clear $8.5- Sallie Mae $27.5 -Cap One QS $7.5 - Chase Freedom $7.5/United $5k/CSP $20k/Ink- Citi DP $9.5/Dividend $13k/HHHx2 $15k/16.4/Reserve $4.5k Best Buy $1940 HD $1701- Discover IT $15k - Elan $8k GEMB Lowes $20k - Macy's $2k - Kohl's $800

Starting Score: 648
Current Score: 736
Goal Score: 765

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 14 of 30
afbar1114
Valued Contributor

wow charging daily intrest...it sounds like its a card ment to be for building credit like others said it stays on your report for 8 years.. so it seems as you charge something they charge you intrest. your score isnt bad but if you have any baddies that may be an issue but based on what you said you can get a much better card then that. if a card charged my intrest daliy i would close it asap but its up to you 

AMEX PRG; AMEX EveryDay $14,800; Freedom $6k; Sapphire $7k; IHG Select $5k; Discover $2,400; BofA Better Balance $9,100; Bank Americard $5,900; Citi DC $2,700; Citi Diamond $2,500; BestBuy $20,000; Amazon Prime $5k, United Club $15,000; Home Depot $20,000; Barclays $7,500

Total Credit Limits: $122,650
Message 15 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would close. 

I get you want to keep it for age but it will continue reporting for 10 more years after you close. That should be enough time to allow you to get the cards you want and move on from bad banks.

Message 16 of 30
LS2982
Mega Contributor

+1 on axing it.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 17 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@afbar1114 wrote:

wow charging daily intrest...it sounds like its a card ment to be for building credit like others said it stays on your report for 8 years.. so it seems as you charge something they charge you intrest. your score isnt bad but if you have any baddies that may be an issue but based on what you said you can get a much better card then that. if a card charged my intrest daliy i would close it asap but its up to you 

dude, what's wrong with you?  why do you keep putting words in my mouth?  i have never been late and don't NEED to keep this card cause I cannot get better ones.

i have a costco amex that i use for rewards and an amex gold which have sub 10% apr's.  i don't know why you keep assuming things.

also, i didn't know that it would keep reporting for 10 years after I close it so I will cancel it tomorrow morning after i pay the $55 AF.

Message 18 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@afbar1114 wrote:

dude, what's wrong with you?  why do you keep putting words in my mouth?  i have never been late and don't NEED to keep this card cause I cannot get better ones.

i have a costco amex that i use for rewards and an amex gold which have sub 10% apr's.  i don't know why you keep assuming things.

also, i didn't know that it would keep reporting for 10 years after I close it so I will cancel it tomorrow morning after i pay the $55 AF.

No need to get so angry with people that are trying to help you.

As others have suggested, definitely close this card immediately.  I am pretty sure this company always charges interest daily on any balance, and it doesn't matter whether it is a charge or a fee.  All the more reason to close it immediately.

Message 19 of 30
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@afbar1114 wrote:

Hey hey now....................

Appbar Jr. is just going through withdrawls right now............we all need to bear with him and show him luv and support!!!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 20 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.