cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

credit card annual fee placed on card then assessed interest??

tag
AndySoCal
Valued Contributor

Re: credit card annual fee placed on card then assessed interest??

Yes they can charge a fee on a card.  I found their wieb site and looks thye updated their terms in December 2011. Usually when a creditor does that thye mail out the changes ahead of time.

FICO Scores XPN v8 802 V2 831 (SDFCU) TUC 803 v8 EFX 807 (10/2023)
Discover 09/90 19,000, JCPenney 10/2008 4,700 US Bank Cash 12,000 Citibank Custom Cash 5/2015 11,100 State Dept. FCU 15,000 06/2023 , 02/2024 Redstone FCU Signature VISA 10,000 Banking: Ally Bank Credit Unions: Lafayette FCU Fortera FCU State Department FCU Pelican CU

Pelican State CU Redstone FCU

Message 21 of 30
afbar1114
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@afbar1114 wrote:

wow charging daily intrest...it sounds like its a card ment to be for building credit like others said it stays on your report for 8 years.. so it seems as you charge something they charge you intrest. your score isnt bad but if you have any baddies that may be an issue but based on what you said you can get a much better card then that. if a card charged my intrest daliy i would close it asap but its up to you 

dude, what's wrong with you?  why do you keep putting words in my mouth?  i have never been late and don't NEED to keep this card cause I cannot get better ones.

i have a costco amex that i use for rewards and an amex gold which have sub 10% apr's.  i don't know why you keep assuming things.

also, i didn't know that it would keep reporting for 10 years after I close it so I will cancel it tomorrow morning after i pay the $55 AF.

i never said you were late

AMEX PRG; AMEX EveryDay $14,800; Freedom $6k; Sapphire $7k; IHG Select $5k; Discover $2,400; BofA Better Balance $9,100; Bank Americard $5,900; Citi DC $2,700; Citi Diamond $2,500; BestBuy $20,000; Amazon Prime $5k, United Club $15,000; Home Depot $20,000; Barclays $7,500

Total Credit Limits: $122,650
Message 22 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

No need to get so angry with people that are trying to help you.

As others have suggested, definitely close this card immediately.  I am pretty sure this company always charges interest daily on any balance, and it doesn't matter whether it is a charge or a fee.  All the more reason to close it immediately.

who's getting angry?  i appreciate people who are helping but if you read his responses, he's make blank assumptions.

and yes, fbusa does charge daily interest on any balance.  that's why i don't use it.

Message 23 of 30
afbar1114
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

As others have suggested, definitely close this card immediately.  I am pretty sure this company always charges interest daily on any balance, and it doesn't matter whether it is a charge or a fee.  All the more reason to close it immediately.

who's getting angry?  i appreciate people who are helping but if you read his responses, he's make blank assumptions.

and yes, fbusa does charge daily interest on any balance.  that's why i don't use it.

first i never said you paid late i asked if you happened to pay late or go over the limit... i never said you did. if you go back and read what i wrote then you will see

AMEX PRG; AMEX EveryDay $14,800; Freedom $6k; Sapphire $7k; IHG Select $5k; Discover $2,400; BofA Better Balance $9,100; Bank Americard $5,900; Citi DC $2,700; Citi Diamond $2,500; BestBuy $20,000; Amazon Prime $5k, United Club $15,000; Home Depot $20,000; Barclays $7,500

Message 24 of 30
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@afbar1114 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

first i never said you paid late i asked if you happened to pay late or go over the limit... i never said you did. if you go back and read what i wrote then you will see

I think we all can say this should be squashed like ASAP! No need to go any further with it!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 25 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@LS2982 wrote:

I think we all can say this should be squashed like ASAP! No need to go any further with it!

+1

Message 26 of 30
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Let's get back on topic everyone.

Message 27 of 30
JaysonT
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@afbar1114 wrote:

wow charging daily intrest...it sounds like its a card ment to be for building credit like others said it stays on your report for 8 years.. so it seems as you charge something they charge you intrest. your score isnt bad but if you have any baddies that may be an issue but based on what you said you can get a much better card then that. if a card charged my intrest daliy i would close it asap but its up to you 

dude, what's wrong with you?  why do you keep putting words in my mouth?  i have never been late and don't NEED to keep this card cause I cannot get better ones.

i have a costco amex that i use for rewards and an amex gold which have sub 10% apr's.  i don't know why you keep assuming things.

also, i didn't know that it would keep reporting for 10 years after I close it so I will cancel it tomorrow morning after i pay the $55 AF.

I would recommend looking closely at the terms of this card and anything relating to the addition of the annual fee.  I cannot comment on your specifics since I don't have them but my experience has been that if you close a card within 30 days of the annual fee being added, it will be removed.  Just hate to see someone spending money unnecessarily.

Message 28 of 30
afbar1114
Valued Contributor

I was agnist any af's until my zync but i get alot of benefits from zync

Message 29 of 30
Topher227
Established Member

I've had this exact same card since 2 days after my 18th birthday, which is when they sent me the pre-approved application. I was assessed the AF last month and saw it on my monthly statement. I have a $0 balance, but i never closed it so i could keep my util down and a decent AAoA. I called the customer service # on the back of thecard and said that I was condsidering closing the card because of the AF. The woman i spoke said that she had no problem crediting the AF, and I could call every year and get the same credit.

I don't use the card (29.9% APR!), but i'll keep it around as long as i can get that AF refunded.

April 2011 -- EQ: 593, EX: 603, TU: 619
April 2012 -- EQ: 699, EX: ???, TU: 714
May 2012 -- MyFico EQ: 743
July 2012 -- MyFico EQ: 760!!!
Wallet: Chase Sapphire Preferred: $5K CL, AMEX BCP: 1k CL, Chase Freedom: 3k CL, Sams Club Private Label: $5k CL, BofA 1-2-3: 5k CL
Sock Drawer: Cap1 Platinum, 1FBUSA
Message 30 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.