Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

credit card change

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

credit card change

i am wondering how this will affect my credit score/credit profile on equifax/transunion.

i have a secured($750 deposit) td green visa cc with an interest rate of 19.75 with 10,000 cl(started with $500 cl) i have had this card for 2 years in sept 08. perfect payments,less then 1% utilization.

i called visa today and asked them about lowering my interest rate on my cc/ what happens when my cc expires next year/what montly subscription payments i have coming off the green visa/changing cc to a differnt card.

i had them change my td green visa to td emerald visa card. the interst rate on this card is TD Prime + 1.9% up to TD Prime + 6.9% As of APR 23, 2008 , TD Prime was 4.750% so current preferred rates range from 6.65% to 11.65%. the rep said my interest rate wouold be 8.75%. $15000 cl. no credit check needed, pre approved.

this means my cc account/ cc number changes. i asked if this would be new tradeline on my credit report and the rep said no just my account number changes. and no i won't lose my payment history.

i am wondering if doing this will destroy my score?
or any other ill effects?

this is fair issac so you never know what could happen so i am weary of change.

TD= Toronto Dominion canada trust or Td canada trust

thanks

Message Edited by maddog7667 on 08-13-2008 12:30 PM
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: credit card change

As long as the only change is your account number, and you don't really get a new account, this won't affect your score one bit.

I'm curious, though.  What is TD?  And you surely didn't call Visa.  Visa is just the network your card uses, and they have nothing to do with your APR or other terms.  You called the bank that issued the card, right?

Message Edited by cheddar on 08-13-2008 12:16 PM
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

yes i called the bank. after looking around it is the best card. inless you get a card from capital one. i dont like capital one for some reason. i read to many bad posts about them.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

on my online banking it shows 2 cc, 1 the td green, 1 the td emerald.
i wonder if it is harder to get the emeral visa or the green visa?

i assume that the emerald visa would be harder to get due to the fact that is a low interest rate card. am i correct in assuming that?

i did not think of it at the time but i puhaps should have asked for my 750 security deposit back. but its not that big of a deal i can wait.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.