Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

credit card for me?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

credit card for me?

I have a credit score of TU-688, EX-672, EQ - 656.  I also have a 90 day late pmt. that is 21 months old.  Is there a prime credit card for my circumstance?  I carry no balances on my current cards and have no current need other wanting to establish a relationship with a prime company.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
marty56
Super Contributor

Re: credit card for me?

I got a National City Visa card with a 120 day late from BofA which is over 2 years old.  Ihave heard that some compaies want a 24 month no lates on your CR so I might a 3 months until the late is 2 years old and then apply with National City.

I also might try a Sams Club card which could lead to a Sams Discover card.
1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi mogo, and welcome to the forum! Smiley Happy

Are your credit scores true FICO scores? If they are they are not bad. Smiley Happy

I agree with marty. Let the late age for another few months, after the late is over 2 years old. It is looked upon as a major derrog, almost as bad as a collection.

Then apply for cards. You should be able to get a prime bank card with those scores, providing you don't have any collections or anything in public records on your CR.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, those are my real Fico scores and no collections or public stuff.  Thanks guys for the input!  I will just set tight for the next couple of months.  I wanted to get an Amex just for work related expenses, so I will wait and apply then.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think you can get in with AMEX now-

Willl you get a bump in scores at the 24 month mark ? Yes -

mogo wrote:
Yes, those are my real Fico scores and no collections or public stuff.  Thanks guys for the input!  I will just set tight for the next couple of months.  I wanted to get an Amex just for work related expenses, so I will wait and apply then.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.