Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

credit card fraud

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

credit card fraud

Well, being **bleep** retentive about checking all my CC accounts online daily has paid off. Today, I noticed two unauthorized pending charges on one of my accounts. I called and canceled the card and the charges, although the CC company was a little non-committal about whether they'd reverse the pending charges. No biggie, though, because I called both vendors and they both refused the orders because the billing address didn't match my card records.

Meanwhile, does anyone know who I should call to report this so the authorities can go after this yahoo? I guess I could just call my local police, but I'm not particularly hopeful about how involved they will get. I'm sure they've got bigger fish to fry. I'm also sure there must be some agency actually dedicated to this type of thing. Anyone know whether there IS such an agency, and how I might contact them? I'd really like to have someone go after this bozo (or bozos) and arrest them.

Thanks.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: credit card fraud

You have to call your local Police and file a report. They actually do investigate and they get to use their fraud division which gets less work than you think. They found the dude who used my card in a matter of days.The dude living next door went through my trash, grabbed my Visa check card number and rang up $500 in phone "fun" charges. My wife got the bill, almost caused a divorce. I called the Police they called the phone "fun" line, demanded to know when and from what number the calls were made... thank GOD for caller ID! (Those lines keep amazing records the police said because apparently guys who use them try to weasle out all the time on the CC bills)

He was arrested, I pressed charges and he was sentenced to 3-5 years all for $500 worth of alone time with his hand.
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: credit card fraud

Pappy214 wrote:
You have to call your local Police and file a report. They actually do investigate and they get to use their fraud division which gets less work than you think. They found the dude who used my card in a matter of days.The dude living next door went through my trash, grabbed my Visa check card number and rang up $500 in phone "fun" charges. My wife got the bill, almost caused a divorce. I called the Police they called the phone "fun" line, demanded to know when and from what number the calls were made... thank GOD for caller ID! (Those lines keep amazing records the police said because apparently guys who use them try to weasle out all the time on the CC bills)

He was arrested, I pressed charges and he was sentenced to 3-5 years all for $500 worth of alone time with his hand.

Sweet! That's what I'll do, then. Thanks !
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.