Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

credit card recomendations

tag
baller4life
Super Contributor

Re: credit card recomendations

+1 on secured card route. BOA to be exact. Best hands down. That high Discover util is definitely hurting you and I would remove myself ASAP. Even though your Fico scores are decent, you will be hard pressed to find a lender to approve you with such high util.
Message 11 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: credit card recomendations

Everyone,

Thank you very much for your help.  It is greatly appreciated.  I plan to obtain 2 secured credit cards.  1 from BOA & the other with a credit union who I plan to do business with in the future such as mortgages, car loans etc etc  I will most likely put about $2K on each card.  I will charge about $300 on each and pay a little more than the monthly required to strengthen my credit more.

My question is how long should I wait after I start making monthly payments on secured cards can I take my name off the Discover and have it not affect my credit score?

Also, are secured credit cards considered the same as unsecured when calculating FICO scores etc etc.

Takeshi - You mentioned the following:  "Do some research on whether or not Discover TL's are removed when one is no longer an AU".  What is TL?

Cheers

Mohawk

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.