Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

credit card utilization

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: credit card utilization

Yes, that's why I'm doing it as well. I wasn't matching my payments to the CR reporting dates and I hope I can avoid these msgs and boost my scores by keeping 3/5 cc's at $0 bal and reporting 2 others at 1-9%.

At least it's worth a try.
Message 41 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: credit card utilization

I'm in a bit of a pickle with credit card utilization...
I have two cards: BoA Signature Visa, formerly Platinum Plus card (limit: 30k) and WaMu Platinum formerly Providian kept just for free TU score (limit:4700). Since BoA changed me to Signature (no-limit card) i think my scores have tanked because that 30k in credit line is not being reported (card appears as flexible spending card on report). I usually put about 5k on my BoA every month (and pay off in full of course) and my utilization was never really a big deal with Platinum Plus card because the full 30k was shown as CL. Now that that doesn't report anymore i am worried that my ~5k per month is only compared to the $4,700 credit line of the WaMu card and that i, in essence, appear to be over 100% utilization each month!

Can someone clarify if this logic is correct? If so, what can i do about it besides downgrading my card back down to Platinum Plus.
Message 42 of 42
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.