cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

credit cards & income

tag
swampcastle

credit cards & income

evening everyone, I have several credit cards through amex, chase and boa. The limits are

22k, 24k and 18k respectively. Util on them is less then 5%. I just got a raise at work and am wondering

if the additional income would make it easier for higher cl's? don't plan on using them to the fullest

extent, at this point its just for the added util padding. ai listed on past aps was 70k annually.

credit scores fico wise are 710-730 no derogs.

should i request cli's or just wait for auto cli-s. I tried with chase a few months back

but was told that I reached the internal limit at that point, same with boa. amex was

cli'd a few months back and i have heard of a 6 month limit between requests.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
-NewGuy-
Moderator Emeritus

Re: credit cards & income

For AMEX you would have to wait. For the other two, it can't hurt to let them know your change in income, however it may or may not make a difference depending on their algorithm for determining such things and how big your raise was.

Message 2 of 8
juggalo9er
Valued Contributor

i can tell you with capitol one it matters not how much you make. i just requested a cli and for income i put 1,000,000....it was declined

Message 3 of 8
swampcastle

ok thank you. i also have a citi card stuck at 7k no budging from their too many inq line.

Message 4 of 8
Dw4250
Valued Contributor

@juggalo9er wrote:

i can tell you with capitol one it matters not how much you make. i just requested a cli and for income i put 1,000,000....it was declined

LOL!  Gotta love Cap One!

Message 5 of 8
juggalo9er
Valued Contributor

@Dw4250 wrote:

@juggalo9er wrote:

in their defense i have went from 500 up to 2000 in around 9 months

Message 6 of 8
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@Dw4250 wrote:

@juggalo9er wrote:

Would have been interesting to see the tax return here..lol

Message 7 of 8
swampcastle

@juggalo9er wrote:

strange. my new income is just shy of 130k yearly. I will hold off on any new cards or cli requests and try to get 6 mos under my belt.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.