Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

credit cards and tax refunds

tag
afbar1114
Valued Contributor

credit cards and tax refunds

so i plan on taking some of my refund my taxes and plan on paying bbrzmc and closing the card and pay off/down other cards...anyone else plan on doing this?
AMEX PRG; AMEX EveryDay $14,800; Freedom $6k; Sapphire $7k; IHG Select $5k; Discover $2,400; BofA Better Balance $9,100; Bank Americard $5,900; Citi DC $2,700; Citi Diamond $2,500; BestBuy $20,000; Amazon Prime $5k, United Club $15,000; Home Depot $20,000; Barclays $7,500

Total Credit Limits: $122,650
Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25
luvsandyshores
Regular Contributor

Re: credit cards and tax refunds

Yep.  Already got my whopping $85 state refund and applied that to one of my cards.

CH13 confirmed 1/2016
Message 2 of 26
ChesterPDexter
Established Contributor

Yes, I am always working on paying off and paying down credit cards.  I would like to pay off my Juniper (Barclay) card.  I worked it down to $605 and it would be nice to see it paid to zero for the first time in a very long time.

Contributor

Yeah i also plan on doing this, I will be debt free on all my CC ! Cant wait to se the score jump.

Starting Score: EQ 729 TU 727
Current Score: Ex (AMEX) 765 EQ 734 TU 736
Goal Score: 780+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 4 of 26
john398
Senior Contributor

I have paid down a few cards with my refund and will be paying down more

Message 5 of 26
SoulMaster
Established Contributor

I WISH I'd get a refund.  Still owe the FED ~$25K.  They get to keep the ~$2K I'd otherwise get back.

I keep my balances @ zero (or next to zero) though, so the bonus $ would probably take me to Japan or something.  Ahh... dreams!

-SM

I am not an attorney and none of what I write should be construed as legal advice. For legal advice please consult an attorney.

Starting Score: ~470 preBK(8/2010)
Current Scores as of Late January 2016 All 700+. Last CR pull from a lender(housing) was mid-score 749.
Goal Score: 700+ - reached.
Message 6 of 26
RTOrockstar
Frequent Contributor

I plan on upping my secured CapOne card by $100 or so. 

Message 7 of 26
LS2982
Mega Contributor

I used some for mine, learning how to properly use the card now. Very rarely and only when budgeted.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 8 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@luvsandyshores wrote:

Yep.  Already got my whopping $85 state refund and applied that to one of my cards.

OMG you must be rolling in the dough Smiley LOL. I wish I would get something back from our government. Only if Mod Cut was president, we wouldn't have any income tax.

Message 9 of 26
CS800
Super Contributor

Part of my returns will go towards bringing my util under 5%

Message 10 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.