Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

credit cards removed causing score to drop

tag
learningeveryday
Established Member

credit cards removed causing score to drop

my husband had two of my credit cards put on his credit report and now they have vanished, causing his credit score to drop.  We were planning to apply for our mortgage loan this week. i dont think we should move forward now. 
Any advise out there.  I hope my issue was made clear.

OH one more thing. Is there some type of credit card out there that lets you have a credit card and you put your own money on there and it be reported to the credit bureaus?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
tray
Valued Contributor

Re: credit cards removed causing score to drop

Hi, if you are looking for a secured credit card look into Bank of America I have a secured credit card with them you can place from $300.00 up to i think $10,000 of your money towards the visa and they say after having the card for a year and making timely payments every month they will give you your money back and make it unsecured this is a really good card for rebuilding credit, as I am trying to, it is from a reputable bank, and you can grow with them.  Also i find it strange on how two accounts can just simply vanish from a credit report i would look into this from all 3 credit reporting agencies.  Good Luck

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Secured card lets you put your money in to and is reported. They go up to $15,000 CLs I think.

About them removing your DH as AU, if you do a Joint that will definitely go back on his CR, however can never undo a joint.

Message Edited by ilovepizza on 05-11-2008 03:20 PM
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

it will take a little bit of time for the score to recover.. BUT if you just shot your Ratio then you won't recover from it. When you get rif of available credit you often hurt your utilization score
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.