Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

credit cards

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

credit cards

Which credit card company just pulls trans union...trying to bring my score up @636now.

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
vish1
Valued Contributor

Re: credit cards

discover & US Bank

Citi Hilton Reserve 22.3K | Citi Thank You 8.2K | CSP 15.5K | Chase Freedom 10K | Chase BA 15K | Chase United 8.5K | Chase Marriott 5K | Discover IT 9K | Club Carlson 13K | Amex SPG 20K | BofA Cash Rewards 11K | BofA Cash Rewards 50K
Message 2 of 21
Datx
Valued Contributor

@vish1 wrote:

discover & US Bank

They may pull TU in your area, but may not for others.

Discover pulls EQ and US Bank pulls EX where im located.

Barclays is a known TU puller for most areas, if not all. 

Message 3 of 21
crosbyk1
Frequent Contributor

Barclay

Starting Score: 744
Current Score: 744
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 21
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

yes! perfect question for me to answer. juniper/barclays, merrick (hooters mastercard), gemb bank/merchant (amex/disc/visa/mc) cards. all exclusive transunion pulls.

earth air water fire master visa express discover
Message 5 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MyCreditStinks wrote:

@vish1 wrote:

discover & US Bank

They may pull TU in your area, but may not for others.

Discover pulls EQ and US Bank pulls EX where im located.

Barclays is a known TU puller for most areas, if not all. 

Same here. 

Message 6 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@scottwagnon wrote:

yes! perfect question for me to answer. juniper/barclays, merrick (hooters mastercard), gemb bank/merchant (amex/disc/visa/mc) cards. all exclusive transunion pulls.

For me and DH, all GEMB merchant cards have been Equifax pulls.  We're in the western US.

Message 7 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Which credit card company just pulls trans union...trying to bring my score up @636now.

Hi budroe,

I just want to check in on your thinking to make sure you're getting helpful responses.

Where is your TU FICO score now?

And is there something specific that makes you want to shoot for 636?

Now, the best way to raise your score may or may not be to open additional revolving accounts.  The best way to plan how to accomplish a score increase is to pull your TU FICO here ( you may have already done that?) and then check out what's listed under "What's Helping your FICO Score" and "What's Hurting Your FICO Score."

If you have pulled your TU FICO here, what's listed under the "What's Hurting Your FICO Score?"  If you share that info, you'll get some excellent feedback on how to increase your score.

Also remember that your card holders will soft your credit reports, and may soft other reports than the one they pulled to give you credit.  So once you have an account with anyone, they are free to see (via a soft pull) the other reports as well.

Hope that's helpful!

Message 8 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

My Tu is 636 now,my EXP is 567 and my EQ is 550, ...I'm looking to take advantage of my TU since it is higher.

Thanks for all the help.

Message 9 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

My Tu is 636 now,my EXP is 567 and my EQ is 550, ...I'm looking to take advantage of my TU since it is higher.

Thanks for all the help.

Where are you pulling your scores from?

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.