Did you mean: 

credit checked while gardening! WAAAH!!! x(

tag
kroberts67
Established Contributor

Re: credit checked while gardening! WAAAH!!! x(

@gen-specific wrote:

nice. 

yeah I guess me too, I won't officially come out till late August early September. The plan then is to increase limits, do a backdoor limit transfer, and close all my cards with 4-digit credit limits.

Hi...  can I ask a question about closing cards?  Do you just not need the UT, or are you closing because of annual fees?  just curious why close cards instead of leaving them sit open to help with UT if nothing else. 

FICO: EQ 814 | TU 847 | EX ? (Started in the low 500's... you can do it!)

Amex BCE $25000, Amex AP $20000, SFFCU Visa $15000 + LOC $5000, USAA Amex $6000, USAA MC $7000, Cap1 $9500, Freedom $12000, Slate $500, Barclays "RIP" SM $11500, USBank Cash+ $12500, Citi Diamond $11200, Citi Double Cash $12000, Care Credit $13500k.
My Credit Repair Journey
Message 11 of 13
gen-specific
Frequent Contributor

@kroberts67 wrote:

@gen-specific wrote:

nice. 

yeah I guess me too, I won't officially come out till late August early September. The plan then is to increase limits, do a backdoor limit transfer, and close all my cards with 4-digit credit limits.

Hi...  can I ask a question about closing cards?  Do you just not need the UT, or are you closing because of annual fees?  just curious why close cards instead of leaving them sit open to help with UT if nothing else. 

I don't need the utilization ratio, or the age of those cards, as they would all be very young cards

they are basically credit institutions with a very low risk appetite, compared to other institutions

having too many open accounts is a negative thing to some future lenders and a FICO score, having too many accounts with balances is a negative thing to some lenders and a FICO score, so where possible it makes sense to decrease lines via selection and keep only the older, larger and more high quality lines like Chase Sapphire Preferred.

Message 12 of 13
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
I'm not popping out if the garden until Sept. I'm scuurred. Lol

Haha!!! You scuurred Lexie?  ROFLAMO!!!!

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.