Established Contributor
kroberts67

Re: credit checked while gardening! WAAAH!!! x(

gen-specific wrote:

nice. 

yeah I guess me too, I won't officially come out till late August early September. The plan then is to increase limits, do a backdoor limit transfer, and close all my cards with 4-digit credit limits.

Hi...  can I ask a question about closing cards?  Do you just not need the UT, or are you closing because of annual fees?  just curious why close cards instead of leaving them sit open to help with UT if nothing else. 

FICO: EQ 727 | TU 724 | EX 718
SFFCU Visa $11.3k + LOC $5k, USAA Amex $6k, USAA MC $7k, Amex BCE $4.5k, Cap1 $1k, Freedom $5k, Slate $3.2k, Barclays SM $5k.

My Credit Repair Journey
Frequent Contributor
gen-specific

kroberts67 wrote:

gen-specific wrote:

nice. 

yeah I guess me too, I won't officially come out till late August early September. The plan then is to increase limits, do a backdoor limit transfer, and close all my cards with 4-digit credit limits.

Hi...  can I ask a question about closing cards?  Do you just not need the UT, or are you closing because of annual fees?  just curious why close cards instead of leaving them sit open to help with UT if nothing else. 

I don't need the utilization ratio, or the age of those cards, as they would all be very young cards

they are basically credit institutions with a very low risk appetite, compared to other institutions

having too many open accounts is a negative thing to some future lenders and a FICO score, having too many accounts with balances is a negative thing to some lenders and a FICO score, so where possible it makes sense to decrease lines via selection and keep only the older, larger and more high quality lines like Chase Sapphire Preferred.

Citi Thank You Premier 60k, AMEX Blue 30k, Chase Sapphire Preferred 30k, BoA VISA Rewards 30k, Wells Fargo 30k, Barclays Arrival+ 20k, Citibank Custom Credit Line 12k, Macys/AMEX 2.5k/500

EFX 711, EXP 713, TU 713 - AVG 701 GOOD - May 2014
EFX ???, EXP ???, TU 764 - AVG 764 GOOD - Aug 2014
Valued Contributor
Rhaeny

09Lexie wrote:
I'm not popping out if the garden until Sept. I'm scuurred. Lol

Haha!!! You scuurred Lexie?  ROFLAMO!!!!

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+