Did you mean: 

credit goals in 2011

tag
Kiwill
Frequent Contributor

Re: credit goals in 2011

My 2011 Goals:

1. Pay down my cc utility by as much as 80%

2. No more applications, I have way more available credit than I need. 

3.  Enjoy Credit Gardening and watching my Fico Grow!!

Starting Score: EQ 729, TU 752, EX ? (1/1/2011)
Current Score: EQ 696, TU 718, EX 686 - PSECU (5/17/2011)
Goal Score: ALL 800+ by December 31, 2011

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
PROUD MEMBER OF THE 700 CLUB!
Message 11 of 47
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:

@haulingthescoreup

Do you not have a home loan or just don't count that as many don't? If so lucky good for you, that's a great accomplishment. It's one of the only things I am waiting for when I am older... But I have ways to go, lol.

Yes, I'm still on a mortgage with my former husband. He's in charge of the monthly payments until he decides what to do with the house. I had the attorney put this in the divorce decree, because I wanted him to have the flexibility to decide whether to remain there and eventually buy me out, or sell. It's still the family home, even though I no longer live there, and our kids use it as a headquarters (free laundry! keep your junk in the basement!), and we met back there for Christmas. Also, although we weren't particularly affected by the popping of the housing bubble, the value of the house should continue to increase with time, meaning more for both of us if and when we sell. His situation is still sort of up in the air, and I have no wish to push him into an arrangement that wouldn't be in his best interests. The marriage didn't work out, but he's the father of my children, and I don't want him spending his last years in some sort of dive just because he burned his housing boats.

In the meantime, the HELOC has always been in my name only. We agreed how much would be his responsibility and how much mine. So it's that chunk that I'm focusing on. It's at a crazy-low APR (prime rate LESS 0.95%, so 2.3%), and it's interest-only for the next 17 years or so, but the more I pay off now, the more equity I'll get back eventually when we deal with the house.

More than you ever wanted to know, I'm sure. Smiley Wink But it's hard to condense the explanation.

btw, I would never recommend this set-up to anyone, because as my attorney kept pointing out, I don't have any real protection if he let the house fall apart, etc. But he's not that sort of person, and we continue to work to establish the record for the world's most civilized divorce, so I'm OK with it. But don't anyone else do this!!!  Smiley Very Happy

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 12 of 47
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Anyway, so what are everyone else's credit goals for 2011?

Is anyone going on a credit diet?  Smiley Surprised

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 13 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

My goal in 2011 ....

1. F/T Job with Better Wage with health benefit!  ... so I will have more funds to charge on my ccs to earn more pts/rewards
  2. No more Inqs for a while unless necessary ... like auto loan for replacement  * Two inqs (EX) will fall off in Feb and Mar/One inq (EQ) fall off in Apr/One inq just added (Nov 10' EX) on Addison Ave VISA/Zero inq on TU.
  3. Let my ccs age ... oldest 11 yrs 3 mos, newest (almost) 2 mos
  4. CLI on Discover More (my lowest CL of 2.5k ) would be great ... target 5k
  5. Keep up good habits ... check online accts periodically for any false activities, PAY ON TIME!
  6. My only debt is Student Loan (half way paid) since my Auto loan has paid off, and just keep up the payments
  7. Keep saving as much as I can (in any amount) for ... down payment on replacement car, emergency/unexpected expenses (auto maintenance, replace any electronics items, etc.) fund, to visit my family in Japan (tickets/spending/two months of regular expenses due to the no income for at least a month) one day

Wish a Wonderful Year for all of you ~ 

2011 is a year of Rabbit  ...  it is my year and who is borne in 1987, 1975, 1963, 1951 ... every other 12 yrs

Message 14 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm starting 2011 with zero credit card debt, and my goal is to keep it that way!  Smiley Tongue

Message 15 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

1. Save 2. Save 3. Save 4. Let new accounts age 5. Keep cc balances very low 6. Apply only for credit I need, TruEarnings to replace my membership card and perhaps Discover more both later in the year 7. Don't spend what I don't have 8. Get a better paying job 9. Try to invest 10. Buy the wife that car she is been asking for the last 3 years at a reasonable price 11. Fix my 14 year old car so it will last me another decade
Message 16 of 47
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

My goals are:

-- Pay off all of my old credit cards that still have outstanding balances

-- Let my new accounts age

-- Enjoy watching a couple of old "baddies" fall off!

-- No new apps until this past year's inquiries fall off

-- After the inquiries have fallen off, kick First Premier to the curb and replace with something better! Smiley Happy

But, for the most part, this year's mantra will be garden, garden, garden...

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 17 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

1. Finally join one credit union in about 6 more months(maybe two)

2. Hopefully have that credit union offer me a car loan(still not sure if I would buy a new car though but I want to)

3. Save more and spend less than last year

4. Try to get one more 30day late removed from my report

5. Apply for 1 or 2 more credit cards towards the end of the year(Penfed, Discover or SPG)

Message 18 of 47
mew
Valued Member

Goals for 2011 are to:

1. Save for emergency fund and down payment on house/condo:  I plan to accomplish this by eating out less (this is going to be 100x more difficult for me than paying of my credit cards...I absolutely love eating out and it seems easier since I am single and live alone...wish me luck Smiley Sad).

2. Continue to keep credit cards paid off and PIF any new purchases

3. Try to increase FICO score to 760

4. Not apply for any new credit (just got 2 inquiries from joining and getting the VISA/PSL combo from PSECU)

Starting Score: 400's
Current Score: EQ 790 EX 782 TU 765 NOV 2013 (MYFICO SCORES)
Goal Score: All Above 800

Message 19 of 47
rubaty
Frequent Contributor

1. Pay down my debt...currently 30% utl

2. Only 1 app this year; Amex SPG this summer....might see if they will do a product change from my Clear CC

3. Establish a credit history for my wife now that she has a SSN

4. Have all my scores above 775 by end of the year

5. Continue to save 15% every month

Current Score: EX 772 EQ 777 TU 783 15 Jan 17
Goal Score: 815 across the board by Jan 18

Message 20 of 47
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.