Valued Contributor
navigatethis12

Re: credit limit increase: How much should I ask for

Creditaddict wrote:

I have had creditors not counter BUT that's not because I asked for to much, it's because I was just flat out denied!

and I think we hear denied and then hear like oh I thought I should go from $100 to $10k... THATS NOT THE REASON!!!!

it's like amex and the 3x, Amex employees TELL YOU 3x and we still see daily that someone did a request but was afraid and ended up with what they asked for... others say i did ask for 3x and got $0 so then we are back to that person got denied, i don't want to get denied so i didn't ask for that much..... :smileyhappy:

I was going to type that but forgot. The one time I was declined I just spoke with someone else because the denial letter did not really explain anything. I asked for 3x (30000) with American Express and was countered like I knew I would be.

Valued Contributor
Epcot

I have a Citi AA Amex. I just want to confirm that it is Citibank using an Amex branded card, so the CLI is done via Citi protocol and not Amex, correct?
I hope that made sense!

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 780 EX 770 TU 774
App free since 4/11/13
Established Contributor
ccnewcc

Epcot wrote:
I have a Citi AA Amex. I just want to confirm that it is Citibank using an Amex branded card, so the CLI is done via Citi protocol and not Amex, correct?
I hope that made sense!

Citi is the issuer.  Not Amex.

Established Contributor
CruzImperial

So we should shoot for a reasonable amount of credit we want without the fear of being denied because the new limit we requested?

This makes sense with ge since they always send me I done have enough experience with my current limit x)

Amex follow similarly with the 3xcli.

I wonder is every bank is like that. Would they counter based on your income if all other things equal?
Fico Scores: . Walmart TU 748 . App free since Aug 2013 .

Cap One Journey 500 | Discover IT 1k | GE Home Design 5.6k | GE HHGREGG 5k | Amex Zync NPSL | Amex BCE 6k | Citi Forward 4.2k | Citi Dividend 3k | GE BrandsMart 1k | GE Lowes 8.5k | Discover Walmart 6k | Barclays Apple 2.5k | BoA CR 800 | CSP 7.2k

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+