Established Member
bhall

credit limit increase inquiries

Do inquiries that result from a requested credit limit increase count more or less than inquiries that result from the request for new credit(opening new account)?
 I would think that inquiries from new accounts would effect the the score more due to not only new hard inquiry but also the effect the new account has on the average age of all credit accounts.
Moderator Emeritus
cheddar

Re: credit limit increase inquiries

bhall wrote:
Do inquiries that result from a requested credit limit increase count more or less than inquiries that result from the request for new credit(opening new account)?
 I would think that inquiries from new accounts would effect the the score more due to not only new hard inquiry but also the effect the new account has on the average age of all credit accounts.

All hard inquiries count the same.  Keep in mind that not all CCCs pull hard inquiries for CLI.  Some pull soft inquiries (which don't affect your score), and some don't pull an inquiry at all.

----------------------------
App free since 7/11/08.
TU 744 / EX 710 / EQ 694 (Starting to slip. :smileysurprised: )
Frequent Contributor
tonsers

Keep in mind that you can always ask the CSR what they will pull - before they pull it. If they tell you that it will be a hard, you can decline.
Senior Contributor
FretlessMayhem

tonsers wrote:
Keep in mind that you can always ask the CSR what they will pull - before they pull it. If they tell you that it will be a hard, you can decline.

This is true, however it's been my experience that a lot of CSRs have no idea what the difference is between a hard and soft inquiry.
Here we go again...
Frequent Contributor
creditdream

Well do not be like me when i called to requested cli i get told that is going to be soft inq,and then i find out it was 3 hard inq from EXP,EQ,and TU . :smileysurprised:
Good luck to you .

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+