Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

credit line increase

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

credit line increase

I just opened up 13 new accounts. Credit scores about a year ago was in the 400's now mid 600's. I have a ton of inquiries and now I'm ready to just chill for a year, but how long should I wait to get increases.

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
heyarrnold
Valued Contributor

Re: credit line increase

If they're SPs, try whenever possible based on the issuing bank's CLI policy! If they are HPs, wait until your report clears up a bit!

Message 2 of 15
elim
Senior Contributor

list your cards and we can give you the scoop

Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase, Cap 1, Barclays, Best Buy MC, Walmart, Macys, Merrick, 5 shopping cart trick stores. I also have 2 first premiere cards should I close them?
Message 4 of 15
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

If it costs you to keep them open, then close the First Premiers.

With Chase it's always a HP when initiated by you.

With Capital One always SP -- so you can do this successfully each 6 months per card.

Wal-Mart SP you can get a CLI with every 4th statement or by calling Credit Solutions and just asking for whatever amount you want.

Don't know about Merrick, Macys, and Best Buy mc.
Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

If i close some it will not hurt me? They charge like 6 a month and 49 a year for fp. My utilization is 10%.
Message 6 of 15
elim
Senior Contributor

your comenity cards also have variables...

J Crew = hit the button until 7-10 day msg

Overstock = hit the button once a month

Victoria Secret = 9 months until CLI granted

etc.

YMMV

Message 7 of 15
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
If i close some it will not hurt me? They charge like 6 a month and 49 a year for fp. My utilization is 10%.

They will still report as a positive TL for ten years. In my opinion the raise in utilization by closing them is well worth the trade off of the money saved per year. Not to mention closing them will look good in your credit file.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 8 of 15
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

It will bring down your available credit to debt ratio -- affecting your credit score. At some point, you have to determine whether 50/year is ok if you have credit that is free.

Message 9 of 15
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

@coldnmn wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

They will still report as a positive TL for ten years. In my opinion the raise in utilization by closing them is well worth the trade off of the money saved per year. Not to mention closing them will look good in your credit file.

Definitely.

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.