Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

credit one cli question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

credit one cli question

hey everyone,  so i got the preapproved cli from creditone but with a fee.  i declined it,  but my question is has anybody had luck with an auto cli or another offer with a higher cli without a fee after declining the preapproval offer?  i know people dislike creditone but i just use it once a month and just keeping it around for uti. until i get higher limit cards..   thanks for any info

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: credit one cli question

No, but everyone's situation is different
Message 2 of 10
bhenken08
Valued Member

I think it's their little money making scam, mine slowly built up to a 1,250 limit. (fees each time)  then they will offer you a second card with $1,000 limit or so.

I absolutely hate them but hey it helps show good payment history.

Starting Score: 547
Current Score: 620
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 10
Legal_Girl
Frequent Contributor

I decline the fee based CLI all the time..Never responded to the offer of a second card.  In May, they offered me the CLI WITHOUT the fee; I jumped on it..

Homeowner Again as of July 17, 2014. Thanks to the VA and NFCU. FICOs EQ - 786/EX - 782/TU - 778/Quicksilver $3,500 / Cred 1 $2,875 / 1st Natl $4,250/ Kohls Visa $5k / Mercury MC $5,850 / NFCU Visa Sig Cash Rew $27k/ Lowes $25k / Best Buy Visa $11k/ NFCU LOC $15k / Walmart MC $7.5k / Chase Freedom Unlimited $1,500 / Discover IT $27,000 / Discover IT Chrome $21,500 / Citi DC $7,300 / AMEX Blue Cash Preferred $17,500 / Citi Simplicity $18,500 / Citi Premier $8,200 / Care Credit $10k/ AMEX Gold - NSL / Chase Sapphire Preferred $20,500
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes. They started me at $300. wanted me to pay $8.95 for CLI to $600. Said no. Then they automatically increased it to $600 for free.  Then 6 months later I requested an increase, they DECLINED me (bastards)...and then a week later said oh hey, spend $9 and we will give u a CLI. So I figured, meh, I have already paid $40 AF, I am closing the card next year anyway...and they only raised it to $850. Lol.

So TLDR, YES you can get CLI after u decline their pay offer.

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got the card with a $300 CL and they upped it to $400 after 6 months. I got an offer for a $200 CLI for $19.95 and declined. So I called and spoke to a CSR and told her I wanted to cancel. She asked why and I said because the AF is too high and the CL is too low. She offered me a $100 CLI and I said that's not going to change my mind. Then she offered me a $200 CLI, reduced APR for 6 months, and I decided to take it. I rarely use the card and just got approved for a Cap1 QS1 so for 6 more months of positive reporting I will keep it and then try to cancel again unless they give me another CLI -- otherwise I will probably really just cancel it.

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit1 was my 3rd card after a secured and Capone. Started with $300 and within 3 months they gave an increase to $500 without a fee. It's 9 months now and when I apply for a CLI, there is a rejection mail stating "it's not been open for 1 year" ......don't understand these people Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

When I closed the card they offered me a free credit line increase of $200 dollars. 

But I did get automatic increase when I closed the Credit One card my CLI was $2800. I think I only ever paid for 2. 

One to put me over 1000 and the other to put me over 2000. 

Message 8 of 10
bobbay
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

hey everyone,  so i got the preapproved cli from creditone but with a fee.  i declined it,  but my question is has anybody had luck with an auto cli or another offer with a higher cli without a fee after declining the preapproval offer?  i know people dislike creditone but i just use it once a month and just keeping it around for uti. until i get higher limit cards..   thanks for any info

I got $100 auto CLI just before the 1 year mark for no cost from $1500 to $1600 then cancelled it when the annual fee was going to post 

Current Score: EX 712 4/28/15, TU 713 4/14/14 lender pull, EQ 723 9/16/15, 740 EQ bankcard 8 6/1/15 lender pull
Last app 03/12/17

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I always paid for my CLIs, that allowed me to get higher credit lines and eventually move onto more prime lenders more quickly; but, you could conceivably wait for nonfee CLIs but according to anectdotle evidence, you'll be waiting a long time. 

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.