Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

credit one credit card

tag
mamalawery
New Contributor

credit one credit card

has anyone applied for a credit one bank credit card, and if so how long did it take for you to find out whether it was approved? i applied on 12/25/08 and was told that it can take up to 3 weeks for the whole process to take place. i did not receive a pre-approval in the mail. i just went on their website and applied.

thanks!

***I was an app addict, and I'm not ashamed to say it!***
Message 1 of 48
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
texasbill
Established Member

Re: credit one credit card

I received a pre-approved app from Credit One and responded at the end of November, and it took until this weekend to get the card. The online status for my app never changed until they mailed it to me at the end of December.  I called a couple of times at the 3-week point and 4-week point and got nowhere with the reps - all they would say is "it is approved and still in process."

Hope this helps.

Scores when I started were in mid-500's, now EQ = 655, EX = 650, TU = 611.

Message 3 of 48
47 REPLIES 47
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

You'll probably get it. I had this card. It is a good starter card for buiding credit. Keep in mind they charge AF on a monthly basis so make sure you make a monthly payment every month. Also if you pay bill through your bank billpay there is no charge for the payment,
Message 2 of 48
texasbill
Established Member

I received a pre-approved app from Credit One and responded at the end of November, and it took until this weekend to get the card. The online status for my app never changed until they mailed it to me at the end of December.  I called a couple of times at the 3-week point and 4-week point and got nowhere with the reps - all they would say is "it is approved and still in process."

Hope this helps.

Scores when I started were in mid-500's, now EQ = 655, EX = 650, TU = 611.

Message 3 of 48
laz98
Senior Contributor

holy smokes!  that's ridiculous!  i wonder if that's the kind of service they always give their customers!
Message 4 of 48
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I got the card, the week after my bk. they have given me a cli every 6 months, I don't call in for anything other than cli so have nothing bad to say about them, it does cost monthly fees but not nearly as bad as first premier and other likes.
Message 5 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

They are good for getting back on your feet, but i would ditch them as soon as you are able.
Message 6 of 48
mamalawery
New Contributor

the latest is that i did receive a letter saying they just needed a copy of my i.d. so i calld and got the fax # to fax it. i called a couple of hours later just to make sure they got the fax, and the rep gave me the same answer i had been given 3 x's before, "can't take up to 3 weeks to finish the approval process. i assume that i will get it, but i do wonder what the customer service will be like. you are on hold for 5 minutes.

does anyone have the backdoor # to their credit dept?

Message 7 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mamalawery wrote:

the latest is that i did receive a letter saying they just needed a copy of my i.d. so i calld and got the fax # to fax it. i called a couple of hours later just to make sure they got the fax, and the rep gave me the same answer i had been given 3 x's before, "can't take up to 3 weeks to finish the approval process. i assume that i will get it, but i do wonder what the customer service will be like. you are on hold for 5 minutes.

does anyone have the backdoor # to their credit dept?

I applied for the card a few years back they take forever to process a application. I was asked to send in info an was still denied because they couldn't  verify my info. But good luck lol.
Message 8 of 48
mamalawery
New Contributor

wow! that's ridiculous. it's been since 12/24 (at night almost 12/25) when i started the app process. from the look of things who knows how long it will take.
Message 9 of 48
mamalawery
New Contributor

thanks! that sounds like my experience so far.
Message 10 of 48
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.