Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

credit one credit card

tag
mamalawery
New Contributor

Re: credit one credit card

just checked the site. my app was approved! i guess me sending in my id info moved the process forward a week or two. i don't know how much yet.
***I was an app addict, and I'm not ashamed to say it!***
Message 11 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

Grats I have this card, only a 350 limit thou.. and uber high intrest (22.9) so its been in the sock drawer.  Love payin there monthly fee sigh.
Message 12 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mamalawery wrote:
just checked the site. my app was approved! i guess me sending in my id info moved the process forward a week or two. i don't know how much yet.

Congrats.
Message 13 of 48
mamalawery
New Contributor

thanks! got approved, but still waiting for the card. it hasn't even been sent out yet per the website you can chk when the card is sent.
Message 14 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

I applied on 12/22/2008.  Notice on website said I was approved about the first week of January, 2009.  Still showing as will update with date card mailed when it is mailed.  Not 100% sure now that I want to do it, but if I never use it, I don't owe anything, right?
Message 15 of 48
oracles
Valued Contributor

call customer service and ask the terms and fees if any

Keep us updated

Message 16 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

I do know that my preapproved offer was a $350 credit line with $175 of that as available credit because of the other processing fees, etc that they charge to gain you a good credit line with them by paying the monthly payments on those fees.  I will re-read the "terms" on line and if that doesn't help, I'll call them.  Thanks!
Message 17 of 48
oracles
Valued Contributor

If you really dont need this card and think or already have better cards, than i would not activate and close the card.

However if you do need the card for rebuilding, then you already took the inquiry and you need something, therefore keep it.

Message 18 of 48
mamalawery
New Contributor

they do have an annual fee that would be charged over a monthly period, i think. so you definitely want to make sure when you receive the card. I still haven't even seen the date for my card to be sent on the website.
Message 19 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay, here's the scoop: Applied 12/22/2008. Sometime in the first week of January, 2009, website said I had been approved and it would update with date of mailing once it mailed.  I have checked periodically and today (1/21/2009) it says: 

Application Approved
Your card was mailed to you on 1/20/2009 and you should expect it to arrive by 1/30/2009. If you do not receive your card by the expected arrival date, please call us at 1-877-825-3242.

So from time of application, that's just about exactly 1 month but of course there were the holidays in there, too.  From approximate time of notice that it was approved, it is about 10 days to 2 weeks.  And they are allowing 10 days for mailing.  Hope that helps you about your question on timing, mamalawery.  And thanks everyone for your input.  I have decided to keep the card because I DO need to work on getting my score up.  I have one card right now and I got behind at Christmas, but my taxes are depositing in around the 31st and I will catch it up.  Dumb me forgot about the annual fee billing out on the November bill, so I couldn't manage the December payment.  Then of course they add on overlimit and late fees.  But it will clear up again in just a few weeks. 

Message 20 of 48
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.