New Contributor
mamalawery

credit one credit card

has anyone applied for a credit one bank credit card, and if so how long did it take for you to find out whether it was approved? i applied on 12/25/08 and was told that it can take up to 3 weeks for the whole process to take place. i did not receive a pre-approval in the mail. i just went on their website and applied.

thanks!

***I was an app addict, and I'm not ashamed to say it!***
Super Contributor
concorduser

Re: credit one credit card

You'll probably get it. I had this card. It is a good starter card for buiding credit. Keep in mind they charge AF on a monthly basis so make sure you make a monthly payment every month. Also if you pay bill through your bank billpay there is no charge for the payment,
Established Member
texasbill

I received a pre-approved app from Credit One and responded at the end of November, and it took until this weekend to get the card. The online status for my app never changed until they mailed it to me at the end of December.  I called a couple of times at the 3-week point and 4-week point and got nowhere with the reps - all they would say is "it is approved and still in process."

Hope this helps.

Scores when I started were in mid-500's, now EQ = 655, EX = 650, TU = 611.

Community Leader
Senior Contributor
laz98

holy smokes!  that's ridiculous!  i wonder if that's the kind of service they always give their customers!
Latest scores: Walmart TU: 769. MyFICO TU: 769. DCU EQ: 755. MyFICO EQ: 780. PSECU EX: 756. MyFICO EX: 780.
Epic Contributor
Creditaddict

I got the card, the week after my bk. they have given me a cli every 6 months, I don't call in for anything other than cli so have nothing bad to say about them, it does cost monthly fees but not nearly as bad as first premier and other likes.
Fico Scores: EQ- 626 Overstck., TU 696 Walmart, EX 695 Chase (11-05-14)
You will have to put up Electric Fence to keep me in the garden!
Highest Limit: Navy Federal Cash Sigi Visa $50k (AU)
Lowest Limit: Target $200
66 Cards and Counting :smileytongue:
Established Contributor
FaircreditguyFL

They are good for getting back on your feet, but i would ditch them as soon as you are able.
New Contributor
mamalawery

the latest is that i did receive a letter saying they just needed a copy of my i.d. so i calld and got the fax # to fax it. i called a couple of hours later just to make sure they got the fax, and the rep gave me the same answer i had been given 3 x's before, "can't take up to 3 weeks to finish the approval process. i assume that i will get it, but i do wonder what the customer service will be like. you are on hold for 5 minutes.

does anyone have the backdoor # to their credit dept?

Valued Contributor
mjbfan79

mamalawery wrote:

the latest is that i did receive a letter saying they just needed a copy of my i.d. so i calld and got the fax # to fax it. i called a couple of hours later just to make sure they got the fax, and the rep gave me the same answer i had been given 3 x's before, "can't take up to 3 weeks to finish the approval process. i assume that i will get it, but i do wonder what the customer service will be like. you are on hold for 5 minutes.

does anyone have the backdoor # to their credit dept?

I applied for the card a few years back they take forever to process a application. I was asked to send in info an was still denied because they couldn't  verify my info. But good luck lol.

Starting Score 3-31-08: EQ 582 TU 577 EX 625
Current Score 3-19-10: EQ 703 TU 712 EX No Clue
Goal Score: 800 By January Of 2012

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
New Contributor
mamalawery

wow! that's ridiculous. it's been since 12/24 (at night almost 12/25) when i started the app process. from the look of things who knows how long it will take.
New Contributor
mamalawery

thanks! that sounds like my experience so far.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}