cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

credit repair and how it affect your credit towards creditors.

tag
mojobones89
Contributor

credit repair and how it affect your credit towards creditors.

So if you havent read my previous thread about applying american express then you should,maybe it will other knowledge from the great info,advice, and credit wisdom i have been given by other users,at this time i have not applied due to the fact i feel like my hard inquiries is what is holding me back....BUT i got private messaged from several other websites including this one about someone who can remove anything from your credit report.i ended up checking his youtube channel and all his videos,facebook,instagram,and all the people who have been helped by this guy who does credit repair for a living.i ended up texting him and he called me about his service.75 for each inquiries which in my case i would delete(hide) all 15 for 1000$ dollars,money back guaranteed...now my question is how does credit repair affect you?many people who got served said they got approved for everything but none mentioned american express.i have actually read about people being declined only because of a credit repair.i know this is stupid but what do you guys think?try it and see my score go back up to 795 and chance getting declined by american express or wait till most of them drop at the end of the year?if i do end up doing it,how will any creditor know about a credit repair by a contractor?oh yes any wisdom,advice from experience who know about credit repair fill free to share.
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: credit repair and how it affect your credit towards creditors.

I don't think it's worth it. If you have far too many inquiries for credit card loans, you ought to stop yourself. Mortgages and auto loans are consolidated as one if inquired over a short period a time, so having many inquiries of that isn't as bad, though u will have to explain to a human being most likely.

And besides, inquiries fall off completely after 2 years and doesn't factor into Fico scoring after 1. Paying 75 to remove a late payment, ca or bk record on the other hand would make a lot more sense.

If inquiries were the only reason holding you back, you can always try to call recon if you think there's a valid reason behind all that number of inquiries. If its simply due to credit card apps, just wait.

Edit: to add, inquiries are supposed to be remove only when there's fraud (such as made by someone who isn't authorized by you, or someone stole your identity and applied without your approval/knowing). If you're somehow removing inquiries that are supposed to be valid, that just sounds like commiting fraud itself. I don't know much about credit repair, so maybe it isn't as illegal as i make it seem to be. but before u do anything, definitely find out what he is doing and how he is doing it to your CR to avoid any future complications.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 2 of 11
myjourney
Super Contributor

Run now do not look back!

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 3 of 11
mojobones89
Contributor

Here let me share the link.
Message 4 of 11
mojobones89
Contributor

Message 5 of 11
Simply827
Established Contributor

Your score is more than good enough for an Amex. How many are on your EX report and how old are they? Dude sounds like a scammer. I would stay far away. Even if he could do it, I don't see the point in paying to get rid of something that will age off in a couple years or less. Unless the inquiries are very recent, you probably wouldn't see a score increase anyway. Save your money.

Starting Score: 515
Current Score: EQ08 711 EX08 731 TU08 735
Goal Score: 740+

Amex BCP $25k | Discover IT $15.7k | Cap 1 QS $10k | PSECU $10k | Citi DC $9300 | Citi DP $6800 | Barclay Ring $6500 | PayPal Extras MC $5045 | DCU $5000 | Chase Slate $5000 | Barclays AA $4100 | Chase Freedom $4000 | Union Plus $1000 | Target $500
Message 6 of 11
Gunnar419
Valued Contributor

This just REEKS of scam! Don't touch it. For heaven's sake, if your scores are as good as you've posted, just garden until the inquiries have dropped away or go ahead and take a shot at that Amex and find out what happens, and THEN garden. But OMG, stay away from this crazy inquiry removal scheme!

Message 7 of 11
twall06
Frequent Contributor

Save your money do not pay anyone for a service like that sounds like a scam and unethical .
Message 8 of 11
mojobones89
Contributor

ThanK you for the reply.i have 15 total inq on Ex.but only have 6 within the last 12 months.the other 9 will fall off the end of this year.
Message 9 of 11
mojobones89
Contributor

Thank you all for the reply,you guys are right,i will not let my temptation for that American express prg ruin my credit because i was being inpatient.
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.