cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

credit score needed for boa 99/500 secured?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

credit score needed for boa 99/500 secured?

Anyone know credit score needed to get the boa 99/500 secured card?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
taxi818
Super Contributor

Re: credit score needed for boa 99/500 secured?

@Anonymous wrote:

Anyone know credit score needed to get the boa 99/500 secured card?

The score alone does not dictate.

if you have open negatives will hurt chances. if everything is old. i would say 580-610 should do it.

Message 2 of 7
northface28
Established Contributor

Im in 700-710 range.

BK Discharged 9/11

Cap1 Quiksilver Visa Signature $41k| Discover IT $24k| Barclays Uber VISA $16.2k|BOA Cash Rewards $8.4k| BOA BBR $6k|AMEX Cash Magnet $12.8k|AMEX BCP $16.6k|Huntington Voice $5.5k|Citi Double Cash $5.7k| US Bank Cash+ $6.5k
Message 3 of 7
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@northface28 wrote:

Im in 700-710 range.

NF...remind me again how you got this.. You applied for another card right , and did you get the counter offer immediately on the computer or by mail? I bet your card unsecures early...

Message 4 of 7
leoment
Frequent Contributor

@northface28 wrote:

Im in 700-710 range.

Your score is definitely high enough for a secured.. who knows they might go unsecured even!

800+ across all three (via FAKOs) has been achieved! Current goal - Get down to 6 cards in total - sitting with 8 currently.
Message 5 of 7
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@leoment wrote:

@northface28 wrote:

Im in 700-710 range.

Your score is definitely high enough for a secured.. who knows they might go unsecured even!

BOFA straight unsecured goes down to 670ish.  NF how'd you get the partially secured one, did they ever state why on recon or similar?  I would've been applying with confidence.  BOFA Cash Rewards isn't a high end card even from BOFA's product mix.

Not sure a range for the 99/500 was really ever established but I might've missed it, likely 640-680 would be my SWAG (some overlap in ranges depending on strength of file), though looking at credit pulls database there were some denials around 640ish.

        
Message 6 of 7
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

DW got an invitation to apply thru the mail, applied online and got the 7-10 message. We thought she was denied, but she was approved a few days later. Her first credit line in the rebuild stage. Most of her baddies must have fallen off, but she still probably has some educational baddies on there. If I get a chance tomorrow, I'll have her look it up. 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.