Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

credit score needed for lowes card asking 4 CLI

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

credit score needed for lowes card asking 4 CLI

im looking to get a lowes card personally to use for a business.  it would be under my name but i may use it for my business.  i was just wondering what credit score you need for a lowes card?  and also is it possible i could call right after approval and get a credit limit increase?  can i apply online.  i have a 659 experian score.  the others should be the same or a little higher.   also i have 6 inquiries which credit karma says is very poor.  but experians credit report said my low number of accounts is hurting my score also.  if you had a low score and got approved could you tell me what score you got approved with.

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: credit score needed for lowes card asking 4 CLI

check/Google credit pulls database. good luck on the app!
Message 2 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

im looking to get a lowes card personally to use for a business.  it would be under my name but i may use it for my business.  i was just wondering what credit score you need for a lowes card?  and also is it possible i could call right after approval and get a credit limit increase?  can i apply online.  i have a 659 experian score.  the others should be the same or a little higher.   also i have 6 inquiries which credit karma says is very poor.  but experians credit report said my low number of accounts is hurting my score also.  if you had a low score and got approved could you tell me what score you got approved with.

generally around a Transunion score of 670 is needed and yes you can immediately ask for a CLI.  While you can do it online once you get your card, the best option is too Credit Solutions (Synchrony Bank) right after approval..  If you're planning on using this for business, I'd sugggest you consider applying for their business credit card.

Message 3 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

i apped after seeing people with lower credit scores getting approved for 300-900 dollars.  it said i will get a response in the mail within 7-10 days.  i hope this means i got approved. my vantage 3.0 credit score is 660 and i heard its higer for fico 8 is that true.  i hope i dont get denied and have a hard pull on my account for nothing.

Message 4 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

i was denied i found a recon number for cli to synchrony bank and called gave them my information and they told me i was denied. i wont be applying for anymore credit cards for a few months till some of my credit inquiries fall off.  it doesn't make since because there are people on the site recommended above who got approved with lower credit scores on each bureau.  im kinda ticked.  i just hope my credit score doesn't drop too much.  i will know in a couple days.  how much do yall think it will go down.  i got 7 inquiries now.   last inquiry dropped my score 4 points.  edit: just checked credit karma and it updated and my TU dropped by 4 points because of the inquiry.  which is fine to me. I have a second credit card i just got in the mail that is about to start reporting and im gonna pay it down to 5% utilization and it should go back up.  im expecting my score to go up about 30 points from it like my last credit card did.  I guess i should have waited for it to report but i wasn't thinking.  i prolly woulda got approved if it had of increased my score by 30 points.  anyways im not applying for anymore credit cards for about 4 months.

Message 5 of 19
Skye12329
Valued Contributor

Scores will fluctuate all the time. A credit application is more than just a score. Its your credit report, so some people might get approved and have a lower score but their credit report might have more history on it.
BK7 - 2/21
Cap1 QS - 2k (4/21)
Mission Lane - 4k (11/21)
Venmo - 900 (11/21)
SavorOne - 2500 (12/21)
VentureOne - 2000 (7/22)
Message 6 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

yeah i only have a few years of credit history and a few late payments.  i only had one account for the longest time and had some late payments on it so the ratio of on time payments to late payments was low.  ill see why i was denied when i get the letter in the mail and ill just have to work on it.  in 4 months ill apply for another credit card to work on my on time payment ratio.

Message 7 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

i was denied i found a recon number for cli to synchrony bank and called gave them my information and they told me i was denied. i wont be applying for anymore credit cards for a few months till some of my credit inquiries fall off.  it doesn't make since because there are people on the site recommended above who got approved with lower credit scores on each bureau.  im kinda ticked.  i just hope my credit score doesn't drop too much.  i will know in a couple days.  how much do yall think it will go down.  i got 7 inquiries now.   last inquiry dropped my score 4 points.  edit: just checked credit karma and it updated and my TU dropped by 4 points because of the inquiry.  which is fine to me. I have a second credit card i just got in the mail that is about to start reporting and im gonna pay it down to 5% utilization and it should go back up.  im expecting my score to go up about 30 points from it like my last credit card did.  I guess i should have waited for it to report but i wasn't thinking.  i prolly woulda got approved if it had of increased my score by 30 points.  anyways im not applying for anymore credit cards for about 4 months.

volcanocredit,

In the first place you are relying on the wrong system for your scores. Vantage Score 3.0 is not used by any of the big players therefore it is often called a FAKO score on here. My CK #'s have typically been around 100pts higher than my actual FICO8's. You need to use the same measure that they are using and you can get it a couple of places fairly cheap.

Creditchecktotal.com has a $1-7day special which will give you your actuall Experian score and fresh report daily and update your other scores/reports once a month. Once you call to cancel this service they will offer you a 50% off deal for under $15.00mth.

Another, but a bit more pricey, one is the myFICO 3B abd Ultimate 3B services offered here which give you live scores for all 3 bureaus. What I mean is that they will upate everytime there is a triggering alert such as INQ's new accts, balance changes, ect.

And, it's your TU score that Lowes (all SYNC backed CC's actually) and Cap1 look at for the initial acct.

Message 8 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

huh thanks for telling me someone else told me that CK was 10 to 20 points lower then fico 8.   i will check later on when i have more money available and check it regularly.  

Message 9 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

huh thanks for telling me someone else told me that CK was 10 to 20 points lower then fico 8.   i will check later on when i have more money available and check it regularly.  

CK scores are all over the place. Sometimes they are higher and sometimes lower than your actual FICO scores. That's why they are an unreliable picture of your TURE credit worthiness.They use a completely different scoring algorythm than FICO. 

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.