Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

credit score needed for lowes card asking 4 CLI

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: credit score needed for lowes card asking 4 CLI

I apped for a lowes as my last card on my most recent app spree. i was approved with a 620 Tu score, 13 inquiries, and 1 account in collections. $800 SL. Need to call in to credit solutions soon and ask for the CLI. Family members with a little bit higher scores than me i know were instantly granted 5-6k cli once they called in. We shall see

Message 11 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

does credit check total do hard pulls or is it like credit karma and only does soft pulls.

Message 12 of 19
KSK1912
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

huh thanks for telling me someone else told me that CK was 10 to 20 points lower then fico 8.   i will check later on when i have more money available and check it regularly.  

There is no such thing as 10-20 points lower or higher. It all depends on your overall credit report.When i started rebuilding last year, i had a few collections and had only couple accounts in good standing in my report. On an avarage my Fako's were as much as 100 points higher then my fico. Now that i have about 32 accounts in good standing with no baddies, my fako's are about 50 points lower than my fico scores. So don't assume anything. Just pull a 3B credit report here on MyFico and see everything for yourself. It is the best $30 you will ever spend.

6/14/15: Equifax 576 Experian 542 Transunion 571
8/17/15: Equifax 626 Experian 619 Transunion 622
9/28/15: Equifax 655 Experian 636 Transunion 641
11/11/15: Equifax 698 Experian 687 Transunion 672
Short Term Goal Score: 720 Across the board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Are you free Tuesday..?
Message 13 of 19
KSK1912
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

does credit check total do hard pulls or is it like credit karma and only does soft pulls.

Anytime YOU check your own credit report, it is a soft pull. It does not matter which website you check it from. CCT will give you your EX score and report only, Get a membership here if you can afford the fee and get all your reports, your real scores including you bank card scores, auto loan scores, mortgage score and more. Even your fico 9.

6/14/15: Equifax 576 Experian 542 Transunion 571
8/17/15: Equifax 626 Experian 619 Transunion 622
9/28/15: Equifax 655 Experian 636 Transunion 641
11/11/15: Equifax 698 Experian 687 Transunion 672
Short Term Goal Score: 720 Across the board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Are you free Tuesday..?
Message 14 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@KSK1912 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Anytime YOU check your own credit report, it is a soft pull. It does not matter which website you check it from. CCT will give you your EX score and report only, Not true! Get a membership here if you can afford the fee and get all your reports, your real scores including you bank card scores, auto loan scores, mortgage score and more. Even your fico 9.

CCT will give you all 3 scores and reports monthly and your EX score/report daily.

Both CCT and myFICO are credit monitoring sites so all checks from them are SP's.

Message 15 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

the vantage scoring system sucks! my Fico scores are 70 points higher than my vantage scores. Vantage freaks out at anything new happening like opening a new credit card and Fico doesn't. I wish credit card companies would just totally ignore vantage all together! cap one loves vantage scores!

Message 16 of 19
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Have to agree completely that the Vantage scores are in no way comparable to true FICO 08 scores. It completely depends on one's actual credit profile. Some people have comparable scores, but generally from what I see... people with some previous credit issues tend to have inflated FAKO scores, while those with good scores with perhaps some newer accounts and a bit of utilization will often see FAKO scores 50-100 points lower than their FICO scores. Case in point, my three FICO 08 scores are currently averaging 735 while my Vantage 3.0 Scores on CK are both 654. CreditKarma and the like tend to think I have fair odds of being approved for rebuilder cards with $500 starting lines, 29.99% APRs and $99 annual fees. In the real world, I have no issues getting approvals from prime lenders with 5-digit starting lines and the lowest published APRs. As others have said, there is a lot more to extending credit than just scores.

Message 17 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

On your next app, check out American Express Lowes Business Card and see compare to the one you just applied. See which one will give you the most benefit and business return.
Message 18 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got it with tu reading about 640 300 limit
Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.