Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

credit score, pls help!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: credit score, pls help!!

yes-its-me

AMEN to that!!!! i will have to be strong with them and i guess i will have to tell them that by me helping them i am hurting myself. and i do want my score to be up on the 760 again. i have two lil ones and i want to make sure they have a home of their own. i dont want to be renting and paying someone elses mortgage. 

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

yes-its-me

you just made me smile. i guess i have to see it like that.

see when i got the cards i made a promise to my self, and that was nit to mess up my credit ( wich without intension or not thinking aboiut it, i did) and not to iss one payment (by far i havent and not planning to ) i got the cards for my self, i do have a tendency on buying more then what its need it. whn my fam knew that i had cards they saw me as a free ticket to thier savings my moms like to make most damdges, my brothers do pay back its just my mom that wont pay back and i have to face the bill. 

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

yes-its-me

yes, i do.some more then others and the mistake that iu\'ve done that ill just have to learn how to say no, its on buying things to family members with my cards. they tell me get this for me and ill pay you. next thing i know they are not paying me and when i mention it to them, all they say is i dont have money or ill pay you next month and they just dont do it, my mom is a big one on that. 

So you basically got the cards for family members then.  Sometimes, we think we are doing good which turns to harm us.  But you have learn your lesson.  I will make this easy for you.

Some of the cards you have, most can be used interchangeably.  For exmaple, you have the Loft card and the Ann Taylor card.  One of the card either Loft or AnnTaylor can be used at both stores.  So you dont need to have the 2 cards.  They overlap.

The same goes for Gap, Old Navy and Banana Republic.  So take a day, get some tea or coffee and weed through the cards.

Instead of giving your family members your credit cards and buying them stuff, help them with their credit instead so that they can go ahead and run riot with their cards and not yours.

If you were able to get your scores to 760, then help them also thus your mom, your brother etc.  Teach them how to fish instead of giving them fish..

Message 31 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I took a look at the list again and I see your Lowes card is almost maxed out? Am I reading that right?

Also, if you have 5 Capital One cards with available credit on all five cards around $3,000, how come you have a balance of over $5,000?  Am I reading that right?  If the answer to my question is yes, then how did you do the math to get 30% utilization?

the lowes one, it its maxed out, my brother uses that one alot, he own a lil contruction company and he uses the card to buy tools and stuff. he send big chunk to it but by the time they reported to the credit he has used the card again.

the capital one i have 5 

1300- 412

2000- 1998 ( my other brother  uses this card. 

2000 - 1882 ( i am sending 1200 to this one on friday 

2000- 988 ( next week im sending 300

2000 -600

Message 32 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I took a look at the list again and I see your Lowes card is almost maxed out? Am I reading that right?

Also, if you have 5 Capital One cards with available credit on all five cards around $3,000, how come you have a balance of over $5,000?  Am I reading that right?  If the answer to my question is yes, then how did you do the math to get 30% utilization?

the lowes one, it its maxed out, my brother uses that one alot, he own a lil contruction company and he uses the card to buy tools and stuff. he send big chunk to it but by the time they reported to the credit he has used the card again.

the capital one i have 5 

1300- 412

2000 -600

The lates, the maxed out cards, the inquiries etc. are what is doing you in when it comes to your score.  To see some relieve, pay all these off to at least get your scores back in the 600s at least.

Can you take the Lowes and Capital One cards from your brothers?  If your brother has a construction company, he should get his own card for business.  Your other brother has the other Capital One card maxed out too.  He should get his...

Take them both away from them if you can can.  Get the balances down at least. At some point, you have to say enough is enough otherwise, you won't be able to accomplish your own goals [ Getting a mortgage and providing a home for your two boys].  So put your needs and aspirations first.

Message 33 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

the capital one i have 5 

1300- 412

2000 -600

The lates, the maxed out cards, the inquiries etc. are what is doing you in when it comes to your score.  To see some relieve, pay all these off to at least get your scores back in the 600s at least.

Can you take the Lowes and Capital One cards from your brothers?  If your brother has a construction company, he should get his own card for business.  Your other brother has the other Capital One card maxed out too.  He should get his...

Take them both away from them if you can can.  Get the balances down at least. At some point, you have to say enough is enough otherwise, you won't be able to accomplish your own goals [ Getting a mortgage and providing a home for your two boys].  So put your needs and aspirations first.

i honestly couldnt agreed more with you. i am 100% on that opion. and i have to do it as soon  as posible. the faster the better. i will call them tomorrow and ill have a talk with them. hopefully they wont get mad and if they do, life goes on. sometimes helping can hurt the one that is giving the help. 

hopefully by paying them off ( as many as i can) i will see a difference on my credit, i honestly cancel the  membership with my fico, because seen all those alerts and seen my credit score going down its not making me feel any better. 

thank you for all of your advice, i honeslty appreciate them all. after all the adviced and opinion it has help me see things a bit different. i guess sometimes it helps having someone else to help you on seen the bigger picture. and indeed i need to put my aspirations first. 

Message 34 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

the capital one i have 5 

1300- 412

2000 -600

i honestly couldnt agreed more with you. i am 100% on that opion. and i have to do it as soon  as posible. the faster the better. i will call them tomorrow and ill have a talk with them. hopefully they wont get mad and if they do, life goes on. sometimes helping can hurt the one that is giving the help. 

hopefully by paying them off ( as many as i can) i will see a difference on my credit, i honestly cancel the  membership with my fico, because seen all those alerts and seen my credit score going down its not making me feel any better. 

thank you for all of your advice, i honeslty appreciate them all. after all the adviced and opinion it has help me see things a bit different. i guess sometimes it helps having someone else to help you on seen the bigger picture. and indeed i need to put my aspirations first. 

Yes-Its-Me and others have given you some really solid advice. By reading through the whole post I can see that you have really kept an open mind and grasped the concept of what needs to be done and how to do it. You seem like a wonderful person, that you help your family out with money and everything, but as the saying goes "do not lend money to friends or family unless you are ready to part with it". 

You have some long-term goals, like getting a mortgage, that are much more important for you and your children than someone in your family getting their "feelings hurt". I assume that your brothers are all at the age where they can acquire credit and you should keep it at that. Let them apply, get approved, pay, and get notifications on their myfico about alerts and the sort Smiley Wink

You did something commendable in this day and age where family and money does not seem like a good mix. You came out of it in relatively low debt, but with a good lesson and some great advice on how to proceed. I wish you the best of luck, and hope you never run into problems like this in the future. 

Message 35 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

the capital one i have 5 

1300- 412

2000 -600

Good decision.  Let them know serious damage has been done to your credit.  Moving on, before you do anything ask yourself if this benefits you or boys in the long run.  Of course there are exceptions to this rule but for something like credit, you should weigh whether the good your are doing is also benefiting you.

It might sound selfish at first, but with two boys depending on you, you have no other choice but to be a bit selfish and ruthless.  Try hard to take your emotions out when making these decisions and it will be easy to say NO.

All the best and I hope you update the thread after you sort everything out.

Message 36 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any update?  Where you able to get the cards from your brothers?

Message 37 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.