Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

credit

tag
laryn41
Frequent Contributor

credit

I have a 630 Credit score and I need to get a credit card to pay off a deliquincy.  Problem is I have had to many inquiries to get a approved for a good card, what should i do?
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: credit

laryn41 wrote:
I have a 630 Credit score and I need to get a credit card to pay off a deliquincy.  Problem is I have had to many inquiries to get a approved for a good card, what should i do?

What do you need to pay off?
Message 2 of 14
laryn41
Frequent Contributor

a deliquincy from years ago

Message 3 of 14
laryn41
Frequent Contributor

cingular from my x.
Message 4 of 14
fused
Moderator Emeritus

laryn41 wrote:
cingular from my x.

Can you give details? Is Cingular or a CA reporting this collection account? How much is it? Was this a joint account?
Message 5 of 14
laryn41
Frequent Contributor

$1800, it is a collection now.  it wasn't a joint.  two numbers under my name.  I mean it is from years ago, andI know that it is my respnsabiltiy.  They started sending me new statements.  I have like $600.00 in bills.  3 Credit cards...with very low limits.  totally under control.  want to pay this off to get a better score.  but to many inquiries... 
Message 6 of 14
laryn41
Frequent Contributor

keep in mind I haven't had the best of credit in the past.  like charge off from years ago... got better as the years went on.
Message 7 of 14
fused
Moderator Emeritus

laryn41 wrote:
$1800, it is a collection now.  it wasn't a joint.  two numbers under my name.  I mean it is from years ago, andI know that it is my respnsabiltiy.  They started sending me new statements.  I have like $600.00 in bills.  3 Credit cards...with very low limits.  totally under control.  want to pay this off to get a better score.  but to many inquiries... 

How much money do you have on hand that can be used to pay this debt?
Message 8 of 14
laryn41
Frequent Contributor

I just paid $200.00.  but other than that nothing. 
Message 9 of 14
fused
Moderator Emeritus

laryn41 wrote:
I just paid $200.00.  but other than that nothing. 

You do not have enough money to offer the CA a PFD (pay for delete). Paying down or PIF (paying in full) a collection will not improve your scores. I recommend you apply for a CC if the CA agrees to a PFD. Do you know your FICO scores? And which state are you in? I will try and find a CC that will likely approve you based on your location. Here's the PFD link.

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.