Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

creditcard.com

tag
toppers555
Established Contributor

Re: creditcard.com

I dunno what formula they are using , but it clearly does not like my credit profile.  Told me pretty much I can only get FP cards, and prepaid cards.  Yet I have  BOFA visa siggy cash rewards, Bofa travel rewards, Usbank cash rewards, amex BCP, orchard bank, HSBC Best buy , paypal smartconnect,  and 2-3 other GE cards. Utilization is never more then 5% on about 25k+ overall worth of credit.  Perharps it could be the two baddies that fall off in May.  judgement  no update in years,  and a collections that creditor updated lasy year oct. 

TU 715 No apps to 05/13 cash+ 5/13!!! 738 TU CSP April 13!!!CSP approved May 13!!!

Message 11 of 18
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

@toppers555 wrote:

I dunno what formula they are using , but it clearly does not like my credit profile.  Told me pretty much I can only get FP cards, and prepaid cards.  Yet I have  BOFA visa siggy cash rewards, Bofa travel rewards, Usbank cash rewards, amex BCP, orchard bank, HSBC Best buy , paypal smartconnect,  and 2-3 other GE cards. Utilization is never more then 5% on about 25k+ overall worth of credit.  Perharps it could be the two baddies that fall off in May.  judgement  no update in years,  and a collections that creditor updated lasy year oct. 

LOL...thats why i did it....its fun and would never even dare to apply for the cards its telling me too (knowing that i got declined by AMEX back in August).

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 12 of 18
firstladyd
Contributor

Gave me the same amex prg , bce, bcp , delta, 4 cap 1, 2 Simmons first and all first premier.

Starting Score: 585
Current Score: TU 734 Walmart EQ 704 FICO EX 721
Goal Score: 750 Across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 13 of 18
RhubarbPie
New Contributor

I don't have any confidence that it matches you to cards with any rhyme or reason.

However, if you're looking for signup bonuses, it usually has better sign up bonuses than what is publicly available and they are legit offers. I just got the AMEX PRG with 50,000 MR points after $1000 spend via creditcards.com. The publicly available offer currently is 25,000 points after $2000 spend.

Message 14 of 18
babymixer
Regular Contributor

I got an EXCLUSIVE OFFER for the Amex PRG with an excellent sign up offer.  How true are these exclusive offers?  I only very recently started receiving mail offers from amex so I know that I am legitimately on their radar.

Anyone?

cc's copy
Message 15 of 18
dddewdrop
Valued Contributor

I would say that those offers are generated partially by people who pay the website to offer them. I would not take any stock in those offers correlating to your ability to be approved for those cards. I don't mean to be harsh but that fact that that website matched your profile to those card offers does not mean that you will be approved for them or better your chances to be approved for those cards in any way. You don't have a bad credit score but many people with a credit score around 700 have not been approved for many of the cards you listed because of something else specific in their credit report that disqualified them. I tried this website's creditmatch utility myself and  they matched me pretty well with the cards that I would likely qualify for. i don't think this is a bad service. I tried to read the fine print. I was unable to determine which if any products are sponsors of this website. 

This is a good service in that it gets people in the ballpark of what they can apply for. My recommendation to you would be to investigate each product that was recommended by that site individually on this site or others and determine case by case through more research which ones may be viable for you. I would use creditcard.com just to get you in the general ballpark.  

The offers given to you are not solid at all in my opinion and Amex can be a tough company to get approved with. I am not trying to be negative but I just want to prepare you for the very real possibility that you may no be approved for these products. It says this in the fine print at creditcard.com  I checked... Good luck to you.
Message 16 of 18
flowfaster
Established Contributor

@navigatethis12 wrote:

I applied a few days ago for the American Express Premier Rewards Gold and Delta and was approved, so I don't know. I did see an soft inquiry on Transunion so they do actually look at a report.

American Express seems to put better offers on this site than what's on their own. About one month ago the 100000 Platinum offer was on there.

The T&C say that you will not get the bonus points if you have had a charge card product in the last 90 days.  Hopefully you get your points.

Amex BCP/BC/Zync - Amex Business GR - Barclays NFL Visa Sig 49ers/Arrival - BoA BBR - Cap 1 Quicksilver - Citi Forward/Preferred - Chase Amazon/Freedom/Ink Plus - Discover IT - Fidelity Amex - GECRB Amazon/Walmart - PenFed PRV - Target - USAA Amex - US Bank CASH+/Club Carlson
Message 17 of 18
john398
Senior Contributor

Just tried it and I only get matches to Capital One and First Premier and I already have 3 Capital One cards so I know I will not be getting one of those LOL

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.