Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

creditcards.com cardmatch

tag
icloud2525
Frequent Contributor

creditcards.com cardmatch

Has anyone used this?  Is it a safe/legit site?  Have to enter ss#.

Chase Sapphire Reserve $32.5K, Amex BCP $20K, Amex PRG NPSL, Amex Hilton Surpass $13,500, Amex Hilton $16,200, Discover it $16,000, Citi TYP $18,900, US Bank Cash+ Visa Sig $12,000, Virgin Atlantic World Elite MC $13,100, Merrill+ Visa Sig $10,000, Fidelity Visa Sig $14,000, Barclay Cash Forward $16,500, Wells Fargo Rewards $12,500, Local CU $7000, Barclay Apple Rewards $5500, Chase Freedom $5000,-- EQ FICO 768, EX FICO 777, TU FICO 781
Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: creditcards.com cardmatch

@icloud2525 wrote:

It is safe but I think its not very correct and a waste of time.

you can go directly to Chase and do a pre-qual which "is" (seemingly true that it is a strong offer) do pre-qual for chase, capital one, discover, bank of america....

Message 2 of 23
VirusCredit13
Regular Contributor

@icloud2525 wrote:

Its safe/legit. 

There is a ss# section on the form, but you actually don't have to fill that part in.

I used it, didn't think I could get any credit card with zero credit cards in my name, just one account as authorized user. I was approved able to get the Amex BCP $250 offer through them. A card I didn't think I would be able to get as my first.

Message 3 of 23
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@ssjjfar wrote:

@icloud2525 wrote:

Its safe/legit. 

There is a ss# section on the form, but you actually don't have to fill that part in.

If you don't give at least the last 4 of your social I don't see how they could give you ANY firm offers.... they are just going to spit back basic offers i would think.

I could give better answers then that computer with basic info!

Message 4 of 23
VirusCredit13
Regular Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@ssjjfar wrote:

@icloud2525 wrote:

Its safe/legit. 

If you don't give at least the last 4 of your social I don't see how they could give you ANY firm offers.... they are just going to spit back basic offers i would think.

I could give better answers then that computer with basic info!

They actually do a soft pull like freecreditreport would and then they have your full credit report and can make a decision based on that. It is far from basic info.

Message 5 of 23
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Yeah, they sp...
I know bc Ive done it before and I saw the sp on one of my reports...

Still don't like their suggestions though. Lol
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 6 of 23
SnackTrader
Valued Contributor

I wouldn't give them my social. Doesn't seem that great. Even on a normal CC site you only need last 4 digits, not the whole thing. You don't need it to get their "options".

They are there only to get you to click on a card and apply. That's how they make revenue, and as far as I know they do not do a soft on your report because they are not a lender and can't actually prequalify you. The options are in no way customized in my experience (I entered in fake names and got all the same responses) and shouldn't be relied upon for credit decisions.

In My Wallet: Amex BCP (12/12) $50,000, Chase Freedom (12/12) $16,500, Cap1 Quicksilver (6/12) $14,000, Barclaycard Rewards (5/13) $10,500, Citi Prestige (4/16) $30,000

Last App: June 27, 2015
Message 7 of 23
2011beginnings
Frequent Contributor

I'm curious as to how reliable they are too bc they said I'd be good for the AMEX BCE and AMEX BCP, among others and these are actually cards I'd like to have in the future once I come out of the garden.
PenFed AMEX: $5500 | AMEX BCE: $8300 | AMEX E: $5000 | BofA BBR: $5000 | Discover It: $6500 | CSP: $11500 | CF: $5500 | Citi DIVIDEND: $5700 | CITI TYP: $4600 | BofA CR: $7500 | CAP ONE Q: $3000 |

TU: 722 / EX: 763 / EQ: 735
Message 8 of 23
VirusCredit13
Regular Contributor

@SnackTrader wrote:
I wouldn't give them my social. Doesn't seem that great. Even on a normal CC site you only need last 4 digits, not the whole thing. You don't need it to get their "options".

They are there only to get you to click on a card and apply. That's how they make revenue, and as far as I know they do not do a soft on your report because they are not a lender and can't actually prequalify you. The options are in no way customized in my experience (I entered in fake names and got all the same responses) and shouldn't be relied upon for credit decisions.

By clicking "Submit", I authorize CreditCards.com to communicate the personal identifying information I have provided to a consumer reporting agency, to obtain my credit score and other consumer report information from a consumer reporting agency and/or to have the consumer reporting agency use that information for the purpose of determining which credit card products might be available to me, based on credit criteria made available to the credit reporting agency by the participating issuers of credit cards.

I understand that this is not an application for credit and that if I wish to apply for a credit card with any participating issuer, I will need to click through and make an application directly with that issuer.

They soft pull for sure. I saw it on my report, and others have as well. They aren't the ones that are even actually making the decision of which cards, its based on information the credit card issuers give the agencies for their criteria. The site in itself will have "top pick" or "exclusive offers' listed first, just ignore that after card match, and on the left click the view all offers, and pick your card.

For the OP: A bunch of people on here are skeptical, but I haven't heard any "false approvals" yet, just people that don't want to apply because they don't think they will get a so forth. But its same as if chase preapproves you  on their site and then you get denied when you apply. It obviously can happen.

Message 9 of 23
RhubarbPie
New Contributor

As mentioned on another thread, I don't give much credence to the actual matching that they do. However, the cards that they match you with often have way better sign up bonuses than what is publicly available. Example is the AMEX PRG. Public offer currently is 25K MR points after 2000 spend in first 3 months. Offer from creditcards.com (if you get 'matched') is 50K MR points after 1000 spend in first 3 months.

Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.