Contributor
gp82402

creditcards.com credit match

I was just wondering if anyone has ever used the credit card match feature on creditcards.com and if so is it fairly accurate? I. Just used and it matched be to Blue Cash from amex. I just find it hard to believe that I would qualify for that card. I'm just curious what others experiences with this feature were.
Moderator Emeritus
beamMEup

Re: creditcards.com credit match

I'm definitely not a huge fan of that site.

Check the Credit Card Center tab on the top of this page - that's pretty helpful.

And, if you're interesting in the Amex card, you may want to try the Amex pre-approval site.  They're historically pretty accurate.

Just puttin' syrup on something, don't make it pancakes.
Super Contributor
DI

I used it back in 2008 and got instantly approved for a $5000 BOA card when my credit was shaky. 

Valued Contributor
vish1

gp82402 wrote:
I was just wondering if anyone has ever used the credit card match feature on creditcards.com and if so is it fairly accurate? I. Just used and it matched be to Blue Cash from amex. I just find it hard to believe that I would qualify for that card. I'm just curious what others experiences with this feature were.

If you were looking for a Amex card, Amex pre selector on americanexpress.com is much better. I won't apply for a blue unless Amex pre selector says I am pre selected for blue or atleast 3-4 other amex charge cards.

If all you see in amex pre selector is zync+green, don't apply for blue.

Amex PRG | BoA Cash rewards 35K | BoA Cash rewards 7K | Citi AAdvantage 15 K | Chase Sapphire Preferred 11 K | Chase Freedom 10k | Chase United 5 K | Chase Southwest 5K | Chase Airtran 6.4K | Discover IT 8K | Barclays US Airways 7.8 K | DCU 3 K | US Bank Flex Perks 8K | Toys r US 6 K | JC Penney 4.6 K | Macy's 1200 | Kohl's 600
Ex Fico: 762 (PSECU)
EQ Fico: 764 (DCU)
TX Fico: 773 (Discover)
Contributor
GB44

Does anyone happen to have a link for the pre-selector option with American Express? I went to the site but could only find a selection based on types of perks an individual wants, but this isn't based on a soft pull of credit report.

Any info is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Moderator Emeritus
beamMEup

https://www201.americanexpress.com/secure/my-special-offers#sj_prospectApply
Just puttin' syrup on something, don't make it pancakes.
Contributor
gp82402

Thanks for the responses! I went on to the amex pre qualify site and as expected nothing popped up. I thought the credit match was strange because it had several cap one rebuiler cards as my match and then the premier gold amex, delta sky miles and blue cash. Thta seemed a little sketchy to me. Although I would love the blue cash I don't want to waste an inquiry so I will wait until the amex site has an offer and go for it then.
Valued Contributor
tray

All I can say this site can be shaky I went to this site to inquire about cards,  Chase Freedom was one of the cards that came up that I would qualify for I then app'd and I was not approved, I had to then call in for a reconsideration and plead my case, and then I was finally approved, so this site in my opinion you haveto take your chances.

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Established Contributor
JonStur

I personally preferred CC's with Pre-approval on their site, (Am-ex , Discover, Cap 1 etc.). Or Pre-approval , not Pre-qual. offers from the companies themselves.

Starting Score: TU 686 EX 641 EQ 690
Current Score: TU 779 EX 767 EQ 740
Goal Score: 800 Club

BCE $12.5K, 5/3 Sig $10K, Wally Discover 10K, Cash+ $9K Sam's Discover 10K, Freedom $6K, Zales $5.5K, More $5K, Cap one $5K, Barclay 2.5K, Household Plat $1.5K, Household Gold $1.5K, Credit One $1K, First Premier Plat $.675K First Premier Gold $.65K

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+