cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

creditone bank

Established Contributor

Re: creditone bank

I'm just now getting pre-approvals in the mail. Got an offer for 7.99% yesterday. Grabbed it. Got this offer today. "UP TO $1500!!! @ 23.9%! Smiley Very Happy" Sounded like a Yugo with a valve knock when it went through the shredder.

Message Edited by beenthere on 07-05-2008 04:09 PM
1-14-08....... TU=683, EQ=667, EX=666
7-04-08....... TU=688, EQ=678, EX=682.......
.......4 of my 5 cards and a new car later.
2/13/09 and forever EX 693
Established Contributor

beenthere wrote:
I'm just now getting pre-approvals in the mail. Got an offer for 7.99% yesterday. Grabbed it. Got this offer today. "UP TO $1500!!! @ 23.9%! Smiley Very Happy" Sounded like a Yugo with a valve knock when it went through the shredder.

Message Edited by beenthere on 07-05-2008 04:09 PM

too funny! CreditOne is NOT a bank (no matter what they tell you)... they are owned by a collection agency. I won't say stay away as they will report to the 3 CRAs. I would highly recommend to PIF monthly.
Established Contributor

I actually have a 2K CL with Creditwon, It's socked but I exercise it occasionally. Keeping it a while longer since it has my puppy's picture on it. They are good for what they do, once you outgrow them, they are useless.
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

"No good deed goes unpunished"

There is nothing more simple, nothing more complex than the relationship between Country Boy and Dog.
Moderator Emeritus

FaircreditguyFL wrote:

too funny! CreditOne is NOT a bank (no matter what they tell you)... they are owned by a collection agency. I won't say stay away as they will report to the 3 CRAs. I would highly recommend to PIF monthly.

Owned by a CA? Which one? Scary stuff...I wonder if they hire themselves.

Both DW and I have accounts with them. Not too bad. Definitely not for a long-term relationship.
Established Contributor

Sherman Financial Group
Moderator Emeritus

FaircreditguyFL wrote:
Sherman Financial Group

Thanks......they are a pain in the rump to deal with.
Established Contributor

Good if you are rebuilding/establishing credit as there too many other choices. However, I wouldn't trust them.

They serve a purpose but, as soon as you are able, ditch them!
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

i have credit one for almost 1 year now it is not bad for sub-prime. they dont have crazy fees like first premier. they give me 800 cl six moths later called to get a cli the csr say i can give you 100 cli but there is a 30 fee i said no thank i am clossing that cc soon anyhow.