Established Contributor
beenthere

Re: creditone bank

[ Edited ]
I'm just now getting pre-approvals in the mail. Got an offer for 7.99% yesterday. Grabbed it. Got this offer today. "UP TO $1500!!! @ 23.9%! :smileyvery-happy:" Sounded like a Yugo with a valve knock when it went through the shredder.

Message Edited by beenthere on 07-05-2008 04:09 PM
1-14-08....... TU=683, EQ=667, EX=666
7-04-08....... TU=688, EQ=678, EX=682.......
.......4 of my 5 cards and a new car later.
2/13/09 and forever EX 693
Established Contributor
FaircreditguyFL

beenthere wrote:
I'm just now getting pre-approvals in the mail. Got an offer for 7.99% yesterday. Grabbed it. Got this offer today. "UP TO $1500!!! @ 23.9%! :smileyvery-happy:" Sounded like a Yugo with a valve knock when it went through the shredder.

Message Edited by beenthere on 07-05-2008 04:09 PM

too funny! CreditOne is NOT a bank (no matter what they tell you)... they are owned by a collection agency. I won't say stay away as they will report to the 3 CRAs. I would highly recommend to PIF monthly.
Established Contributor
contractor

I actually have a 2K CL with Creditwon, It's socked but I exercise it occasionally. Keeping it a while longer since it has my puppy's picture on it. They are good for what they do, once you outgrow them, they are useless.
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

"No good deed goes unpunished"

There is nothing more simple, nothing more complex than the relationship between Country Boy and Dog.
Moderator Emeritus
llecs

FaircreditguyFL wrote:

too funny! CreditOne is NOT a bank (no matter what they tell you)... they are owned by a collection agency. I won't say stay away as they will report to the 3 CRAs. I would highly recommend to PIF monthly.

Owned by a CA? Which one? Scary stuff...I wonder if they hire themselves.

Both DW and I have accounts with them. Not too bad. Definitely not for a long-term relationship.
Established Contributor
FaircreditguyFL

Sherman Financial Group
Moderator Emeritus
llecs

FaircreditguyFL wrote:
Sherman Financial Group

Thanks......they are a pain in the rump to deal with.
Established Contributor
FaircreditguyFL

Good if you are rebuilding/establishing credit as there too many other choices. However, I wouldn't trust them.

They serve a purpose but, as soon as you are able, ditch them!
Regular Contributor
carlos1102

i have credit one for almost 1 year now it is not bad for sub-prime. they dont have crazy fees like first premier. they give me 800 cl six moths later called to get a cli the csr say i can give you 100 cli but there is a 30 fee i said no thank i am clossing that cc soon anyhow.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+