Did you mean: 

csp and Marriott ur question

tag
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

Re: csp and Marriott ur question

@NRB525 wrote:

@boosnark wrote:

It's a 1:1 transfer to Mariott Rewards from the CSP so I'd say go for it. The free night every year is also a good benefit to have and can offset the annual fee.

You may be able to transfer from UR points to Marriott points at 1:1, but if it takes more Marriott points to get the same type of benefit (Marriott points being worth less than UR points) then you would want to see something like UR 1000 : 1500 Marriott or better to try to come out even. By going 1,000 : 1,000 you effectively lose money on the points value.

It's one reason that the 2x points on the Marriott card for dining makes it just slightly a benefit, compared to 1 mile on another card, for example.

It's like exchanging currencies in the old Europe: tough to see who is really giving a good deal.

I think the better value would be to use UR points to book marriot stay in UR mall if you have enough UR points that is. I am not saying thats an great way to use UR points, but thats probably better than transferring to marriot points. Last time i checked i think if you transfer UR to marriot you are getting around .75 CPP value, which is pretty horrible :-(. If you book via UR mall with ur points you are getting at least 1.25 if i recall correctly. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 11 of 14
bch238
Regular Contributor

I have both cards.  This is what I do.   I only use the Marriott Rewards Premier (MRP) card for Marriott stays.  This yields 17 Marriott points / $ spent at a Marriott property, as follows:  Under the Marriott reward program, you get 10 Marriott points per dollar, plus 20% bonus (2 points) for Silver Elite status, which MRP automatically confers.  Then you get 5 additional Marriott points per dollar spent at a Marriott using the MRP.  Most everything else goes on my CSP, and I generally don't transfer UR points to Marriott because they're better spent transferring to Southwest Air.

FICO Scores (MARCH 2016): EQ 829; EX 825; TU 828
AmEx BCP $25,000; AmEx Platinum (NPSL); Barclaycard JetBlue Rewards $5,000; Bank of America Cash Rewards $27,500; Chase Sapphire Preferred $33,700; Chase Marriott Rewards Premier $15,000; Chase Freedom $12,000; Citi Prestige $30,500; Virgin America Premium $25,000; The Home Depot Card $20,500; Capital One Platinum $15,000
Message 12 of 14
red259
Super Contributor

@mongstradamus wrote:

@CreditRookie22 wrote:
Do they both combine Under ur points?

you can move UR to your marriot account i believe , but that would be horrible use of UR points. 

+1 what you are asking can be done, but you can get much better value for your UR points with other travel partners. You can not move the marriott points over to URs however., 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 13 of 14
red259
Super Contributor

@mongstradamus wrote:

@NRB525 wrote:

@boosnark wrote:

It's a 1:1 transfer to Mariott Rewards from the CSP so I'd say go for it. The free night every year is also a good benefit to have and can offset the annual fee.

You may be able to transfer from UR points to Marriott points at 1:1, but if it takes more Marriott points to get the same type of benefit (Marriott points being worth less than UR points) then you would want to see something like UR 1000 : 1500 Marriott or better to try to come out even. By going 1,000 : 1,000 you effectively lose money on the points value.

It's one reason that the 2x points on the Marriott card for dining makes it just slightly a benefit, compared to 1 mile on another card, for example.

It's like exchanging currencies in the old Europe: tough to see who is really giving a good deal.

I think the better value would be to use UR points to book marriot stay in UR mall if you have enough UR points that is. I am not saying thats an great way to use UR points, but thats probably better than transferring to marriot points. Last time i checked i think if you transfer UR to marriot you are getting around .75 CPP value, which is pretty horrible :-(. If you book via UR mall with ur points you are getting at least 1.25 if i recall correctly. 

I haven't done this, but I am pretty sure I have seen people saying that you can get a pretty decent redemption value with marriott points if you do one of their airfare/hotel packages with points. I haven't done all the math so when using those packages I don't know if you get a better return with the package or doing the hotel and airfare separate. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.