Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

denied Walmart cli

tag
swpopham
Established Contributor

denied Walmart cli

Paid 3rd statement in full last week 2300had wife call numbers listed as Walmart underwriting had her say we use this card heavily and its hurting us due to reported utilization and they said nope letter will be in the mail. Damn oh well
"As long as the music is playing, you've got to get up and dance," he said. "We're still dancing."---Prince CEO Citi Bank

"Money isn't the most important thing in life, but it's reasonably close to oxygen on the "gotta have it" scale". ~Zig Ziglar
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
apandabear
Regular Contributor

Re: denied Walmart cli

I think it's every 4 months you should be pushing the button. Sounds like you gunned it a month early? I'd give it a shot next month.

I wouldn't say the utilization is hurting you. I'd leave it at "we use this card heavily" and because of that, you'd like a little more wiggle room so you don't need to make multiple monthly payments on it.

What's your current CL? Are you paying in full or carrying a balance?

2009-10 - C/Os
2011 - Debts paid, no open credit
2012 - Rebuilding started, secured cards opened, SL rehabbed - EQ myFICO 636
2014 - 10k Discover, 3.5k Freedom, AmEx Green, SL, Auto Loan - EQ myFICO 695
Message 2 of 9
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@swpopham wrote:
Paid 3rd statement in full last week 2300had wife call numbers listed as Walmart underwriting had her say we use this card heavily and its hurting us due to reported utilization and they said nope letter will be in the mail. Damn oh well

Sorry to hear Smiley Sad

You need to wait until 4th statement cuts if it is a new account to ask for a CLI. Your letter will more than likely state: "Insufficient credit history with current limit"

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 3 of 9
swpopham
Established Contributor

5k limit using 2000-2500 a month mainly in fuel and groceries. I read call uw every 2-3 months or use automated at 4 months. I was bored so told her to call. And we pif every statement
"As long as the music is playing, you've got to get up and dance," he said. "We're still dancing."---Prince CEO Citi Bank

"Money isn't the most important thing in life, but it's reasonably close to oxygen on the "gotta have it" scale". ~Zig Ziglar
Message 4 of 9
apandabear
Regular Contributor

Definitely give it a shot after the 4th statement. It seems to be the general guidelines, and I see lots of folks getting routine increases.

Good luck!

2009-10 - C/Os
2011 - Debts paid, no open credit
2012 - Rebuilding started, secured cards opened, SL rehabbed - EQ myFICO 636
2014 - 10k Discover, 3.5k Freedom, AmEx Green, SL, Auto Loan - EQ myFICO 695
Message 5 of 9
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Yeah... Fourth statement cli is the standard lol
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 6 of 9
swpopham
Established Contributor

sara, these are the factors impacting your score:
  • Your average credit amount on open real estate accounts is too low. [TransUnion]   Having credit available to you is a sign that you are able to manage your finances responsibly. Lenders usually like to see that consumers have a large amount of credit available to them.(WTH is this)
  • The amount paid on your open real estate accounts is too low. [TransUnion]   Having little paid down on some accounts may be considered by lenders to be a negative factor when determining creditworthiness. (83k on 220k note)
  • Time since oldest account opened is too recent. [TransUnion]   Time is an important factor for a healthy credit score. Giving the accounts time to mature may allow creditors to better understand how you pay your debts. (Okay thats vaild)
  • The available credit on your open bank credit card accounts is too low. [TransUnion]   Having credit available to you is a sign that you are able to manage your finances responsibly. Lenders usually like to see that consumers have a large amount of credit available to them. ( 12k balance- 103k)
Note [ TransUnion ]: In addition to the factors listed above, the number of inquiries on your credit report has adversely affected your credit score.

That is what GE's letter to sara said. **bleep**!!!

Message 7 of 9
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@swpopham wrote:
sara, these are the factors impacting your score:
  • Your average credit amount on open real estate accounts is too low. [TransUnion]   Having credit available to you is a sign that you are able to manage your finances responsibly. Lenders usually like to see that consumers have a large amount of credit available to them.(WTH is this)
  • The amount paid on your open real estate accounts is too low. [TransUnion]   Having little paid down on some accounts may be considered by lenders to be a negative factor when determining creditworthiness. (83k on 220k note)
  • Time since oldest account opened is too recent. [TransUnion]   Time is an important factor for a healthy credit score. Giving the accounts time to mature may allow creditors to better understand how you pay your debts. (Okay thats vaild)
  • The available credit on your open bank credit card accounts is too low. [TransUnion]   Having credit available to you is a sign that you are able to manage your finances responsibly. Lenders usually like to see that consumers have a large amount of credit available to them. ( 12k balance- 103k)
Note [ TransUnion ]: In addition to the factors listed above, the number of inquiries on your credit report has adversely affected your credit score.

That is what GE's letter to sara said. **bleep**!!!

Are you sure this is what GE sent? Look like something that came out of TrueCredit, or a TC resale.

Message 8 of 9
lithium78
Established Contributor

Walmart doesn't give me the CLIs I used to get.  They used to just say "insufficient experience with current credit limit" in their rejections if I requested a CLI before four months, but now I wait more than the appropriate amount of time and they use really old credit scores (like over six months out of date) and then give me some crap about having baddies and a low score.  That's okay.  I have retaliated by now making only one purchase per month on the card and enjoying the free TU score.  Take that, suckers.

Starting Score: TU: 566
Current Score: TU: 741 (Discover FICO); EQ: 755 (MyFico) EX: 774 (FAKO)
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.