Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

denied amex! help!

tag
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: denied amex! help!

Sorry about the denial. Hopefully, the letter will clear up the reasons for denial.
Message 21 of 39
rob81
New Contributor

Yea I'm anxious to see why. I mean I know boa is prob easier to get but still I really didn't not think if see a denial with Amex ESP after the charge card relationship we've had.
back in the garden!
Message 22 of 39
rob81
New Contributor

So I just checked my mail. I got a letter from BOA stating I was approved and my experian( same Burea Amex supposedly recently pulled) was 760

Amex is still saying that they pulled one on the same day as BOA.
I may just wait another month and try again. I don't know.
back in the garden!
Message 23 of 39
rob81
New Contributor

Ok so I just called Amex ( I'm persistent!) lol

When my app was sent for the second review a second ( current score) wasn't pulled. The second decision was based off the same info and report as the first ( 697)

She said they don't hard pull just bc a current customer request one.
So I can print a copy of my current experian and fax it in??

Why is Amex such a pain. Just hard pull me! ( for once I'm ok with it)
back in the garden!
Message 24 of 39
wHiTeSoL
Valued Contributor

Trust me, you have no idea sometimes how difficult Amex can be. If i were you i'd monitor my CR and wait until they SP you again, then apply.
Message 25 of 39
rob81
New Contributor

i suppose I will just do that. I have a recent experian report but seems kinda weird that I have to fax it  in etc. ( their the company!) they should do it. The last pull amex did was august 24. so should I assume it will pulled agian Sept. 24?

back in the garden!
Message 26 of 39
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Asking you to fax your current report is nothing new for Amex. It will go to their Media Dept ( yep, Media) and it will be manually reviewed. They will want your reference number and a written request for manual processing.

The fax number is in the Backdoor Sticky. Good luck
Message 27 of 39
Rain77
Frequent Contributor

@rob81 wrote:

i suppose I will just do that. I have a recent experian report but seems kinda weird that I have to fax it  in etc. ( their the company!) they should do it. The last pull amex did was august 24. so should I assume it will pulled agian Sept. 24?

Not necessarily.  Amex has SP'd me 2x within 2 weeks.

Last HP 8/29/14

Message 28 of 39
rob81
New Contributor

I do want the card. that is obvious! lol, but what do you guys think is best? continue to apply through my current account? or just fax the info?

either way is No HP so It doesnt matter in that respect

back in the garden!
Message 29 of 39
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 30 of 39
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.