Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

denied barclay cli

tag
revvystoke
Frequent Contributor

denied barclay cli

Was approved for 2500 US Air account, asked to match my boa limit at activation. Was denied and rec'd letter today stating score was at 738 and reason for denial was too much available credit. I don't get that? I like to PIF my cards and its convienent not to make several large payments each month to stay under the limit of my other cards.

AkAir $50k | Marriott $65k | Local CU $8k
TU: 770 / EQ: 748 / EX: 769
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: denied barclay cli

What is your limit with BOA ?   Barclays is usually good about CLIs, so just wait a few months and try again, you probably will get bumped up.....

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

When were you approved for Barclay?

You have 30 days to recon (if for decline or for CLI consideration) before they will want to pull hard again.

Don't stop at one call, I'd try at least one more time (each call is noted, so the next rep will know) but you might just get someone that will help you, it took me 4 calls and finally got a rep that gave me the CLI. (I have the Apple) This was over 6 months ago when I did this.

Message 3 of 6
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Kind of mad at myself for the first rep that approved me 30 seconds after online system needed more verification... I had a roommate 11 years ago that had my last night and from same state as my family but not related (kind of funny) but when I saw the security questions I was like I'm going to fail! and I did... anyway off note... he was super nice, not a lot of blah blah stuff and said anything else and I was happy for approval so was like no... click... next day call and I got a guy that I just felt would be no and it was but I felt like a supervisor was probably standing over him (like this is my first day and I'm in training) no offense to him but I think I will try at activation after continueing to read more about this! thanks

Message 4 of 6
revvystoke
Frequent Contributor

Shucks its been about 40 days now. Not worth a HP for me, I was after the mileage bonus.

AkAir $50k | Marriott $65k | Local CU $8k
TU: 770 / EQ: 748 / EX: 769
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@revvystoke wrote:

Shucks its been about 40 days now. Not worth a HP for me, I was after the mileage bonus.

Man that's a bummer, I feel the same, I have far higher CL's and don't need the CLI (would like one) but not worth a hard.

@Creditaddict, that's a good idea, when you call to activate try then, different rep, hopefully a rep that actually cares about their job and their cardholders.

Best of Luck keep us posted if you get it.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.