Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

denied by citi

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

denied by citi

one baddie about 6 years ago for not paying ridiculours magzine charge(which I never ordered), experian score 725, equifax and TU about 720, perfect history in 3 years, I guess citi don't wanna see any baddie on your report, right? I have BOA, AMEX, DISCOVER, CHASE, just don't have any citi cards, do I need to call for a recon?
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Re: denied by citi

YES.
Message 2 of 3
Uniqua
Established Contributor

Re: denied by citi

That's probably not the reason why you were denied. If you've opened up too many new TLs recently, that could also be a reason. If your overall utilization was high at the time your CR was pulled, you could be denied for that. I've also seen denials when a person's identity was not able to be confirmed. Not to mention, with all the credit problems today, if creditors feel you have substantial amount of available credit already, they may decline you for that. By all means, get on the phone and find out what the reason is. You may be surprised and get in by recon. You've already burned the inquiry.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.