cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

denied cc

tag
jmeaby

Re: denied cc

The it card is what they sent. I'm going to try to see if I can get citi to approve me if not I will try the discover it card if they deny me I think it will be time to wait a little haha. will keep you guys updated and thank you for the help.
Message 11 of 31
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

It would be in your best interest if you wait and apply after your cr are updated

Good luck
Message 12 of 31
SnackTrader
Valued Contributor

Your mom's maxed out card is hurting your credit. You likely need that paid way down (like under 10%) and updated to the credit bureaus before you will be able to get approved for ANYTHING. On the specific card you applied for, I'm not aware of underwriting criteria but you may not have a good enough profile to get approved right now regardless of balances. There is a lot more to every approval decision than just credit score.

How old are you? What is your income? What good things are on your reports - and when were they opened? Anything bad on there?

We can try to help a little more

In My Wallet: Amex BCP (12/12) $50,000, Chase Freedom (12/12) $16,500, Cap1 Quicksilver (6/12) $14,000, Barclaycard Rewards (5/13) $10,500, Citi Prestige (4/16) $30,000

Last App: June 27, 2015
Message 13 of 31
jmeaby

I am 23. Income is 48,000. My longest acct is the cc with my mom of 4 years 10 months. My cc is 1 year. I have a truck loan at 18000 and a student loan for 8000. I have no delinquencies on my credit report or negativeindecators on any Accra on my credit report.
Message 14 of 31
SnackTrader
Valued Contributor

Thanks for getting back to me. Based on what you posted, you have a pretty good credit file! It should open a lot of doors for you over the next several years.

Get those balances paid down, wait for the credit bureaus to update the balances, and then move onto your next goal. Good luck!

In My Wallet: Amex BCP (12/12) $50,000, Chase Freedom (12/12) $16,500, Cap1 Quicksilver (6/12) $14,000, Barclaycard Rewards (5/13) $10,500, Citi Prestige (4/16) $30,000

Last App: June 27, 2015
Message 15 of 31
jmeaby

I'm still waiting on why citi denied me but if I can't get that card I have a pre approved discover it card that I just got in the mail yesterday they send me several things a month would it be a good idea to try that one? I am also paying extra on my student loans to get them paid down a little faster the truck I'm going to ay extra from a side projectand hoping in about 2 years and that will be paid off. Thanks for all the great advice
Message 16 of 31
ElCamino
Contributor

@jmeaby wrote:
I'm still waiting on why citi denied me but if I can't get that card I have a pre approved discover it card that I just got in the mail yesterday they send me several things a month would it be a good idea to try that one? I am also paying extra on my student loans to get them paid down a little faster the truck I'm going to ay extra from a side projectand hoping in about 2 years and that will be paid off. Thanks for all the great advice

Is your mom planning on paying down the balance on her card?

If not, it may be time for you to be taken off as an AU.

Your high utilization is making you look like a credit risk to lenders.

Amex BCE: $16.5k, Discover It: $5k, Chase Freedom Visa: $10k, Fidelity Amex: $7.5k, PenFed Cash Rewards Visa: $3.5k, CapOne Union Plus MC: $4.5k, Barclays Upromise MC: $5k, BoA Cash Rewards 123 MC: $1.5k
Message 17 of 31
goosedog
Regular Contributor

@ElCamino wrote:

@jmeaby wrote:

Is your mom planning on paying down the balance on her card?

If not, it may be time for you to be taken off as an AU.

Your high utilization is making you look like a credit risk to lenders.

+1

You look like a high credit risk with student loans, car payment, high CC balance. That's most likely the denial.

Message 18 of 31
jmeaby

She but she is refinancing her house first then paying it down when its paid down is when I will get off of the account. Someone told me if I get off now it will look bad on my credit report if I get off while it has a high balance.
Message 19 of 31
NewtoCredit80
Frequent Contributor

For your mom credit also maxed out credit card would result in lower fico score. You need to tell her to atleast get the util below 70% to get better rates and below 10% for best rates.

PNC Secured 2000 (Dec12), Chase Amazon 2000 (Apr13), CapOne Newcomer 2500 (May13), Citi dividend 3000 (May13), Discover IT 1000 (Jul13), Amex BCP 6000 (Jul13), Chase Southwest 10000 (Jul13), Chase Marriott 12000 (Oct 13), BofA Travel Rewards 5000 (Dec13)

- In garden till Dec 2014
Message 20 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.