Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

denied cli on gemb american eagle anyone know why

tag
startover03
New Contributor

denied cli on gemb american eagle anyone know why

I got this American Eagle store card (GEMB) pretty soon after BK 13, discharged now for about 3 years.  It has always had $300 limit.  I have asked for CLI twice (once just now online) and got instant message each time saying they cannot do a CLI on this account. (and it returns the message almost the very instant I hit the submit  button, as though the decision was made already?).  My total UTI is not high, and this card has had zero balance for a long time now.  Does anyone know why I can't get this card increased?  Is it possible that it was "marked" in some way from the beginning that it can't grow higher?  It seems weird to me that I can't get an increase on this card.  Got an increase a few months back on Cap-1 card that was stuck at $500 for years.  Went to $4500.  Seems odd that this store card is stuck.  Thanks for any insight.  I also have a Dillards American Express (GEMB), I'm assuming I should not bother asking for CLI on it either.  Thanks for input.

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
MAstudent07
Contributor

Re: denied cli on gemb american eagle anyone know why

Hello Start,  how long have you had the AE card? For most GEMB customers CLI's are approved every 4 statements. I am pretty confident that if you research the forum you will find that customers  wait until their 4th statement cuts to receive a CLI. If your account is past the time frame mentioned then I too am baffled by their actions.

I did notice you have the Dillard's card as well. How long have you had that card? If both are fairly new then waiting and being responsible may certainly help you in the upcoming months. Good luck

Amex BCE| BOA CB| Freedom| Citi DC| Discover It|
Message 2 of 13
startover03
New Contributor

Thanks for the reply!  I have had the American Eagle card for about 4 years.  Asked for CLI twice.  Denied twice.  Had the Dillards almost 2 years.  Have not asked for CLI.  Both paid on time every payment, and recently PIF always on Eagle, most time on Dillards. 

Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think American Eagle is going BUST.

Message 4 of 13
bakalao2k
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I think American Eagle is going BUST.

i agree with you casioannie97

TU - 737 - 02/21/09, 769 - 02/06/10, 795 - 09/08/10
EQ - 758 - 02/21/09, 783 - 02/06/10, 805 - 09/08/10
EX (PLUS) - 781 03/23/09, 787 - 02/06/10, 783 - 08/09/10
Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I received my American Eagle Card in January 2010.  After my fourth statement cut I hit the Increased Credit button, I was denied.

Shortly there after I was checking my account and saw that I was given a 600 dollar increase.

My initial credit limit when I opened the account in January was 200.00

Hope this helps.

EQ - 728 6/29/2010 

Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think GEMB also likes to see usage. Perhaps use the card and PIF when you get the statement and then hit the luv button when you have $0 balance.

Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

The AE GEMB just sucks. I too have this card, and have for about a year and a half. CL started at a measley $150 and that is exactly where it stands today. I tried their "luv" button once and was of course denied. Used a carry a balance, but not anymore. Used it twice in the last six months, each time for about 30% util and PIF. I'm tempted to try for a CLI again but I'm scared. Does anyone know if this'll be a hard pull or not??

Message 8 of 13
startover03
New Contributor

I haven't seen a hard pull yet on my request.  

Message 9 of 13
clipperskipper
Regular Contributor

The answer to your question lies in the first sentence of your post.

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.