Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

denied cli on gemb american eagle anyone know why

tag
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: denied cli on gemb american eagle anyone know why

@clipperskipper wrote:

The answer to your question lies in the first sentence of your post.

I don't even think it's that.

The AE card is notorious for eensie limits that never, ever grow.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 11 of 13
thrasher865
Valued Contributor

AE does give rediculously low limits, but how much are you really going to put on a department store card?  I mean do you want $1500 worth of polo shirts? lol

I know credit limits are a game to most of the people on this forum, but remember that the rest of the world still thinks of them as purely business, and AE doesn't want to give you more than you need.

When I got the card a year ago, the clerk was amazed at the $620 initial limit, hehe.  I think the Visa may get slightly bigger limits, but I didnt have a store card at the time.

Starting Score: EQ: 665 - TU: 687
Current Score: EQ: 749 - TU: ---
Goal Score: EQ: 760 - TU: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Had mine for over a year tried a cli twice during  2 year period. Denied I have good credit so I have no idea. I had a 100.00 limit what a joke. after 2 years I closed it. The funny thing is I applied for Chase credit card and was approved with a 1000.00 credit ... interesting. Smiley Wink

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.