cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

denied for Barclay - won't approve because I have apple? recon?

tag
Ortz33__
Frequent Contributor

denied for Barclay - won't approve because I have apple? recon?

i apped for a priceline visa for the purpose of travel rewards and was declined because i have sufficient credit available with apple?

has anyone had any luck reconning an issue like this with them/

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Re: denied for Barclay - won't approve because I have apple? recon?

You might be able to pc your apple card
Message 2 of 9
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

I had this same reason with another of their cards and tha analyst still said no Smiley Sad. The good thing is that when you get this denial, no credit report was pulled.

Message 3 of 9
NJTurnpike
Established Contributor

Their credit analysts are not nearly as nice as Chase to deal with. Very formulaic and disinterested. At least thats the way they sounded to me.

I've read on here that with alot of diligence, you can get your apple PC'd to another Barclay's card. Might want to search for the thread for reference.

DCU ( pulled 3/29/13) EQ04 683 | Amex (pulled 3/28/13) EX 760 | US Bank (pulled 3/28/13) EX 753
CreditKarma (4/19/13) TU-TR 701 | TU Vantage 788 | USAA FAKO (3/31/13) EX 728, EQ 699, TU 737 |
Inquiries (4/18/13) EX 13 | EQ 13 | TU 14
Message 4 of 9
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Ortz33__ wrote:

i apped for a priceline visa for the purpose of travel rewards and was declined because i have sufficient credit available with apple?

SorrySmiley Sad

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 5 of 9
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Ortz33__ wrote:

This is a situation that would vary by individual (income, credit profile, current Barclays relationship, internal risk scores, etc).  If you go the reconsideration route, be advised it will be another HP (they may use an alternate bureau) and they may still not approve; or if they approve, a very small or nominal limit.  It sounds like you may have met their current CL exposure criteria.  Of course, you can always plead your case with them and see if the outcome is favorable.

I currently have 3 CCs with them but all have been acquired in the span of 8 years with combined CLs of approx $20K... more than sufficient for me though.

Message 6 of 9
b_seeker
Frequent Contributor

@navigatethis12 wrote:

I had this same reason with another of their cards and tha analyst still said no Smiley Sad. The good thing is that when you get this denial, no credit report was pulled.

That isn't totally true. . . Mine was pulled and I had the same denial.

|| Barclaycard Rewards Visa $5500 || AMEX BCE $2000 || Discover IT $3000 || Amazon Rewards Visa $1800 ||
|| Chase Freedom $2700 || CSP $5000 || Chase Marriott Premier $7500 || Sallie Mae MC $3800 ||

FICO Scores: EX 752 (3/13/13) || EQ 782 (10/4/13) || TU 724 (1/18/13)

In the garden as of 10/12/2013
Message 7 of 9
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

@b_seeker wrote:

@navigatethis12 wrote:

That isn't totally true. . . Mine was pulled and I had the same denial.

Interesting. I have seen it twice and neither caused an inquiry. The analyst also told me when that denial is used a credit report was not used in the decision. It must vary.

Message 8 of 9
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

Barclays recon was very good to me. They asked if I would like to be reconsidered for the card the minute they pulled up my info. I assume if it is a second card, that may be more difficult. Good luck on the PC!
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.