Regular Contributor
beautybrainsbooty

denied for USAA visa BUT so proud of my score!

So I was denied for a second card with USAA-I apped for the visa, I already have the mastercard-and although they denied me because of 'new account' verbiage I have never been prouder than to see my score sitting at an EQ 695 (exactly what myfico said it was).  I know its kind of weird but I am so proud of this denial and the confirm on the score. Breaking the 7s is my goal before Christmas! Totally doable I believe in a short time. Thoughts?  

started mid 500's. Disputed incorrect items and within a month or two my scores have skyrocketed and continue to do so
EQ: 755 as of 8/2013
TU: 700
Experian(or as I call them, the devil) I have no clue, they haven't released my report
Goal=801 across the board!!! Not too far from this, hoping to garden until Christmas 2013
Valued Contributor
nicholasyud

Re: denied for USAA visa BUT so proud of my score!

You should call for recon

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: 748 Wishlist: CSP, Simply Cash, SPG, BOLD, INK, United MP,
Goal Score: 800

Walmart: 10k |Usaa: 8k|BCE: 13k| Amex: NSPL|Dis: 9.4k|Cap: 5.5k|CAP: 2k|CSP: 13.4k| Pen:4.5k

Regular Contributor
beautybrainsbooty

I tried. The very hurried rep told me to try again in 3 months and basically I could try every three months. I was like ohhhhhh, um, okay. That seemed like such garbage to me. But I don't know there policies/procedures. Any success stories with USAA recons?? Id love to hear...

started mid 500's. Disputed incorrect items and within a month or two my scores have skyrocketed and continue to do so
EQ: 755 as of 8/2013
TU: 700
Experian(or as I call them, the devil) I have no clue, they haven't released my report
Goal=801 across the board!!! Not too far from this, hoping to garden until Christmas 2013
Valued Contributor
nicholasyud

Call their excu department .........alread hard inqui so why not to try

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: 748 Wishlist: CSP, Simply Cash, SPG, BOLD, INK, United MP,
Goal Score: 800

Walmart: 10k |Usaa: 8k|BCE: 13k| Amex: NSPL|Dis: 9.4k|Cap: 5.5k|CAP: 2k|CSP: 13.4k| Pen:4.5k

Valued Contributor
RockinRay

Typically, USAA does not recon...

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **

Super Contributor
CS800

RockinRay wrote:

Typically, USAA does not recon...

I found that out also the hard way.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}